What came in the mail today?

12 hours ago, JohnG said:

Couple goodies came yesterday

C0AD6CF8-0854-40EA-85E4-DE00DFD025B0.thumb.jpeg.4869714d3dd042f72c201ec30c243e2f.jpeg

Is that the cordless version?  How do you like it?  I ordered one from the recon site as well but so far 2 days past delivery estimate :(  Glad I didn't end up selling my corded version right away as I initially thought about doing.

Back to vacuum cleaners:  We wanted something we could grab quickly, to clean up wood pellets off the floor that the puppies scatter from the litter boxes we train them to.  I decided to try a reconditioned Shark cordless, knowing that returns from Amazon are pretty painless.  It works fine, and is just what we needed.  Can't tell that it had ever been out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P9PNB7S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 hours ago, jussi said:

Is that the cordless version?  How do you like it?  I ordered one from the recon site as well but so far 2 days past delivery estimate :(  Glad I didn't end up selling my corded version right away as I initially thought about doing.

It is the cordless version. I haven’t used it yet, and don’t even have any rails for it yet. 

26 minutes ago, Coop said:

Just curious. I guess you can only use their batteries and if so, are they more expensive than say DeWalt? 

Yes and Heck yes.  lol I kid.  MSRP they're a little more.  But you can often find really good deals on other brands and many stores will allow you to stack discounts or match competitors so you can usually get the batteries for a fraction of MSRP if you're patient and diligent enough to find the right deals.  Festool almost never has sales and when they do vendors cannot apply any other discount.

One thing about the new Airstream batteries is that because of the built in cooling system (hence the name) they charge real fast.  Alot faster than my regular Milwaukee and Dewalt chargers and maybe a little faster or at least on par with the fast charger. 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Coop.  

Your going to love that saw.  Super powerful for breaking down stock.   Even through 8/4 maple it doesn't take more then a handful of seconds to go through 8 to 10 inches in width.  It is well worth your son's money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Coop said:

No sir, don’t own a pair of sandals. Barefoot when at home and Topsiders when I go out in public where shoes are required. I say that, last week I went to HD and when I stepped out of the truck, I realized I had to go back home and put shoes on. Had my mask though! 

Ugh, just the thought of going barefoot make me cringe. I have the tenderest feet of anyone I know. True story, I have rejected bath mats that my wife bought because they were too rough. At the beach? Water shoes. About the only times I'm barefoot is from the bed to the shower in the morning. And at a swimming pool, where I just man up & bear it, just.

• Like 1