What came in the mail today?

35 minutes ago, JohnG said:

It’s an 084. Came with 36” bar and chain (bar got stuck in customs a bit longer for some reason, on the way).

I was ready to buy a new 661, but then came across this saw (actually, @Bmac found it).

A little bigger than your Farmboss!

• Like 2

That should be a great powerhead for milling.

Today I got a Ryobi 20v pole chainsaw.  I had bought a mister last Winter, and don't like having just one battery for something, so I looked at other tools that came with another battery, and charger.  A pro arborist friend has one of these, told me he uses it a lot, and likes it, so that factored into the decision.

The Stihl telescopic one won't even fit in the 8' bed of the truck, without sticking out the back.  This one, I can keep in the toolbox on the truck, since it comes apart.  My truck toolbox is the biggest one I could find.  You can fit 5 dead bodies in it.

I tried it out a little, and it cuts fine, even though slow.  You can use it without the third extension too, which is how I used it today.

We have one path that needs to be maintained to get back to one old house we look after.  This will be great for that, as well as our trails while carrying it on the tractor.

It goes together, and comes apart pretty easily.  I think it would be good for a homeowner, especially one that has other Ryobi battery powered tools.

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

I guess you're not old enough to remember that car trunks, in the 1960's, had their sizes compared to how many dead bodies they could hold.

I'm not that much younger than you (65 next month), but we used to gauge trunk size by how many of us could fit in to sneak into the drive in theater :D I guess it must've looked suspicious with just one teenager going into the drive in alone, cause we got busted a couple of times & invited to leave :( 

Nice present!   

Is that one without electronics?  I'd like to have a slider, but don't want one with anything electronic.  I know what they will do, but haven't spent any time looking at them.  It's getting to the point where I'm not enjoying handling sheets of 3/4 plywood, and MDF by myself.  It was a Lot easier when I had helpers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tom King said:

Nice present!   

Is that one without electronics?  I'd like to have a slider, but don't want one with anything electronic.  I know what they will do, but haven't spent any time looking at them.  It's getting to the point where I'm not enjoying handling sheets of 3/4 plywood, and MDF by myself.  It was a Lot easier when I had helpers.

No electronics. It does have an analog digital readout for blade angle and micro adjuster for the rip fence. My daughter and SIL came in just after we got it in the shop, so it’ll be a week or so before I get it together.  

2 hours ago, Mick S said:

No electronics. It does have an analog digital readout for blade angle and micro adjuster for the rip fence. My daughter and SIL came in just after we got it in the shop, so it’ll be a week or so before I get it together.  

Sounds like the perfect saw, for what I would want.