What came in the mail today?

On 11/1/2020 at 9:57 AM, legenddc said:

Check out toolguyd.com for some unbiased reviews and deals. 

Hmm, after briefly perusing the site, it seems like they don't really review the products, but rather give a bit of a first impression & a guess as to which product is best. It's the comments section that had the real life useful information.

28 minutes ago, drzaius said:

After close examination, I can't see why it is a second. Couldn't find any flaws.

Might have been something that was repaired.  Comes of the line and there is something wrong, they fix it but it can no longer be sold as new.

I have the same model and really like it.  I probably use it as much as my block plane.

• Like 1

I think that unit is better than the smallest one. My only gripe with the small ones compared to my Emglo is the recharge time. Running a pin nailer in my shop though doesn't really impact that. I'd never be able to run an air impact on the CAT unit for changing tires. Most people have gone battery on that, i like my small light weight air impact though.

This will just be for a finish nailer, and smaller, on small jobs in our house, and the rental house.  Another benefit is not having to have a hose reel, and deal with a long hose to get the compressor as far away as possible.  I don't expect to do production work with it.  I have several other choices for that.

As far as car compressors, I bought a little Slime compressor, for Pam's car, and it's a pretty nice little unit.  I was off on her car, and the low pressure idiot light came on.  I didn't want to have to hunt for a place with a compressor.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Mine don't ratchet. The is a rod the wedges in the locking tab when you squeeze, holding the pressure. Press the back of the tab to release. Similar principle as the clutches in a pipe clamp, but one plate instead of a stack.

This is the way these work as well. My reason for buying them is to use when I only have one hand available.

• Like 1