What came in the mail today?

Well by the time they break at the seam I will probably have used two and forgotten how long ago I purchased them!

In all sincerity if I can get my act together I'm hoping to do a bunch of little projects where I'll use some of the belts in the various grits. If I didn't buy the 30 pack for $23 I would have ended up getting a 3 pack from Home Depot for $15 when I needed one immediately.

29 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Did you do the buy the batteries and return them for the jigsaw?

I thought about it but I ended up keeping both because I actually need more m18 batteries.  Have way too many chargers now though. And bags.  Maybe I’ll use them as Christmas wrapping :) 

1 hour ago, Coop said:

@legenddc,  I was so overwhelmed by the different type of abrasives that Kingspor have, I didn’t buy any. After seeing your pic, I typed into their search, the number on your box and came up with nothing. What type of abrasive are on your discs? 

Klinspor's website has pretty good information for choosing which type of abrasive & paper is best for your needs. I don't have a link because it's been a few years since I shopped there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Or maybe you did and I was on the wrong site. Thanks much for the leg work! 

Woodworkingshop is their retail store like Woodcraft or Rockler. One cool part of them being connected to Klingspor is that they have big bins of various sandpaper sheets, offcuts, etc that they sell by the pound.

They also have their main Klingspor site that is more informational. I don’t think they sell from the main site. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jussi said:

Been transitioning to more cordless lately. Been especially eyeing the electric brad nailers.  These early Black Friday deals have me a good excuse.  

EB0D996C-E350-4A73-B2AE-B264649B44D4.jpeg

FD89C52C-349C-4963-9B7F-E9A777260E9E.jpeg

You will be real happy with that jigsaw.  Its a beast,  goes through 8/4 stock like most jigsaws go through 4/4.

14 hours ago, Chet said:

You will be real happy with that jigsaw.  Its a beast,  goes through 8/4 stock like most jigsaws go through 4/4.

Yah I used it a couple of days go to rough cut some recycled redwood planks.  Granted redwood cuts like paper but still pretty darn quick.  Maybe not as quick as circ but fast enough for me.  And safer.  With the circ saw I was always weary about just grabbing one end of the board with one hand from the ground and cutting it like I see alot of contractors do.  I always put the board on some support.  Which obviously added to the overall breaking down process.  I didn't have that same fear with the jigsaw.  Plus if I have alot of boards to rough cut I have an older dewalt mitersaw on a ridgid msuv that sets up in a few seconds. 

I'll be curious on how it does on more accurate cuts.  Specifically on how square the blade stays to the plate when doing curves.  I've had serveral corded jigsaws (including the carvex) and haven't been overly impressed by the cut quality.  In fact I ended up selling them all save for one that I use for rough curves only when the piece is too big for a bs.   I heard really amazing things about the Maefell P1cc and am some what tempted but can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a $500+ jigsaw.

2 hours ago, Coop said:

@jussi, where did you get the jig saw on a Black Friday sale?

Yah.  Home Depot specifically.  Link below.  Lots of great deals on power tools.   I don't think the sale starts officially till early November but many of the deals are live already.   Going broke on all these "deals" :D

https://blackfriday.com/ads/black-friday/home-depot

Milwaukee has a sale which you can choose from over a dozen tools (including the jigsaw) if you buy a 2 battery starter kit for $199.  As an aside I believe you can return either the tool or starter kit but I kept both because I needed the extra batteries. 

• Like 1

Thinking about getting one of the modular systems.  The Milwaukee Packout set seems to be the best but more than I want to spend given I'm not a pro and won't use it as much.  I'm leaning towards the Ridgid.  Anyone have experience with that set or a similar Ridgid set?

1 hour ago, jussi said:

Thinking about getting one of the modular systems.  The Milwaukee Packout set seems to be the best but more than I want to spend given I'm not a pro and won't use it as much.  I'm leaning towards the Ridgid.  Anyone have experience with that set or a similar Ridgid set?

Check out toolguyd.com for some unbiased reviews and deals.