What came in the mail today?

1 minute ago, wtnhighlander said:

@Coop, let me know how you use that knob that flips from side to side. Mine always seems to be on the wrong side! :blink:

Oh hell, more decisions:D. First I have to read the instructions on how to mount the blade as it came separate. This thing has about 5-6 adjustment knobs and screws. I’ll never throw the instruction sheet away! 

7 hours ago, Chet said:

I have that knob resting between the base of my thumb and index finger when I am using mine.

x2

7 hours ago, Coop said:

I was torn to which to get. Their site said their best seller and a couple of YouTube’s suggested the medium as well. Regardless, I can’t imagine me wearing out the blade.

I think you will like it. I have had mine for quite a while now and it gets used all the time. I have looked at the large several times but have not felt compelled to get it just yet :) 

On 10/15/2020 at 7:50 PM, wtnhighlander said:

@Coop, let me know how you use that knob that flips from side to side. Mine always seems to be on the wrong side! :blink:

I solved that problem by taking it off. It caused problems for me when I changed hands. Someday I'll figure out what to do with the nice knob, but it probably has metric threads....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

For? Have you used the Bora's before? The last two Grizzly mobile bases I have purchase the wheels have started to fail after a few years.

Hammer HS 950 coming soon.

Yes, I put the same Bora Portamate 3500 model on my SCM bandsaw. Works much, much better than the mobility kit that I got from SCM. I'm happy with it.

IMG_0942.thumb.jpeg.9130da192eded2c6f5e68327013235fa.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

For? Have you used the Bora's before? The last two Grizzly mobile bases I have purchase the wheels have started to fail after a few years.

I've had HTC mobility bases (from Lee Valley) on a 14" bandsaw & a 17" General drill press for several years & they're doing fine. No issues with the wheels or the plastic foot pedals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Did you ever have the 3m worktunes? If yes how do they compare?

I have not. I have been using the ISOtunes earbuds for several years for yard work but they fall out enough that when I saw these I decided to give them a try. In the shop I just use earbuds that hang around my neck since I usually have the TV on not music.

Elipse P100 mask I ordered mid-march...got delivered today...better late than never AND, they are made in England..

I had one and my father-in-law wanted the same, instead of the pre-form one. Except, he passed away in September at 83.

Many countries took the 6 months between march and now, to build their own manufacturing for P100 mask.

For me,  the delay was acceptable, others need them more than me. People that need to wear them all day, their risk of exposure is way higher than mine...an once a month weekend woodworker.  Especially in the Summer, I could just open all the doors of the garage to vent everything out.

I have the same problem with the ISOtunes...I wear a pair of huskvarna air muffs on top of them.  Everytime I turn my head, they seem to slightly falls off.

28 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

How long will those belts last you?

This sounds like it's leading to a seam failure discussion. I have a bunch of Klingspor belts I bought several years ago & haven't had any failures. I've even had 15+ year old belts that were still good. Come to think of it, I've never had a belt seem fail.

But it is definitely a thing cause lots of guys report the seams failing after a year or 2.

• Like 1