• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This took 7 months to get to me.

Today this flew into the shop

30 bdft of quartersawn white oak and 10bdft of maple from Bell Forest.  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

I hate to ask what might have been inside that first box...

It's a HF metal tool stand. There's an inner box that seems to be intact, but for some reason they put that in a bigger box with no packing material so it just got trashed.

• Like 1

I've finally succumbed to the Green side. I have a project or three that needs the purchase of the mighty Domino. No more for me hand cutting tenons, routing mortises or other skills I have developed over the years. Darn you Festool!

I've not ordered it yet but it has got to be before December 31 as the UK finally leaves the EU and the prices will then skyrocket.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RichardA said:

One: I really enjoy doing them, they're relaxing.

I am with you Rick.  I have a Domino but most stuff is still older techniques.  There is just something about the process of fitting a good joint and I am generally in no hurry.  Also the Domino is like another bank account - I can always sell it to get lumber money if needed.;)

• Like 2
On 8/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, Tom King said:

Here's the box the motor came in.  Still waiting on the picture of the motor.  Pretty sure it's toast, and not just a broken rear plate.  The shaft is locked up.  I moved it off our deck with the loader because it was starting to rain.

IMG_2611.JPG

Finally got an update on this.  UPS denied the claim.  They said it was packed incorrectly.  It was shipped from a UPS shipping store.  They repacked it, and sent it back to the seller.  Their second package was damaged similarly going back the other way.

I haven't talked to them yet.  The seller had been handling it.

I'll call them tomorrow.  I don't mind filing a Complaint.  It will only cost me $65, I know how to do it, because I've done it before.  This will be an easy suit to win, and I'm sure will get court costs back too.  Not sure how that will work from my end though.  They've just been dealing with the seller, and their first reaction is just to give me a refund.

I had to find this previous post, because it's been so long, that I forgot when it happened.

• Like 1

A set of three blades for the tablesaw.  I ordered these in early May and they were back ordered till July, which came and went, then August.  But they finally arrived.  They're made in Italy so I'm guessing a pandamit related delay.  

20200918_1655471.thumb.jpg.3dbe27cdb5477ec7b4b9fbdceef5af32.jpg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

A set of three blades for the tablesaw.  I ordered these in early May and they were back ordered till July, which came and went, then August.  But they finally arrived.  They're made in Italy so I'm guessing a pandamit related delay.  

Looks like crosscut, rip , and combo, nice!! What brand?

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

At first glance I thought they were some sort of specialty dado set. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, Mick S said:

This.

I even saw that these were upside down and edited them to correct it and they still came in that way. Oh well. Beautiful little tool.

IMG_1991.thumb.jpeg.19f4f6edbb147c99e5cd3535e8386893.jpeg

IMG_1993.thumb.jpeg.1ab84a111a626404ec0d569cebd19f61.jpeg

I’m a sucker for anything Blue Spruce. Bought their coping saw about a year ago and still haven’t used it

I have this idea of getting rid of the mobile base that my router table sits on.  It has 2 fixed castors and 2 swivel castors. And, the fixed ones make it difficult to pull it straight away from the wall. So I bought these. And now [A little late in my planning}, I realized that they won't work on the router tables base.  So, I guess the base has to join the mobile base and disappear as well.  That leaves me with just a top.  Obviously that means another solution.  So, I guess I have no other choice but to build a router table.  This is going to take some planning.  Hope I can.

DSC02873.JPG

• Like 2