What came in the mail today?

3 hours ago, drzaius said:

I prefer the old school holdfast that Gramercy make. They're super quick to use and have tremendous holding power. And there's nothing to ever wear out or malfunction.

The main part of the bench is only about 1-1/8" thick, so I was thinking that an old school holdfast wouldn't get enough "bite," but maybe I'm wrong.

11 hours ago, G Ragatz said:

The main part of the bench is only about 1-1/8" thick, so I was thinking that an old school holdfast wouldn't get enough "bite," but maybe I'm wrong.

That's probably a little thin for a holdfast. Glad you found clamps that work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

They only had green, and black in stock.  I didn't want any more black tool cabinets in there.  They make the whole building look too dark.  I figured I was going to end up with one of each color anyway.  Still much organizing to do.  These are really decent, for what they cost.

IMG_2594.JPG

I was eyeing those today too. Just bought a few of the parts organizers to hold screws and a deadblow mallet. One day that toolbox will sneak it’s way into the car. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mick S said:

When I told a good friend of mine that I'd bought a small lathe he said he was sending me a "care package". I wasn't sure what to expect but after a few failed attempts at delivering them I finally was able to pick them up at the post office. 

As his skills have improved he's replaced all these with Carter & Son tools.

IMG_1774.thumb.jpg.35c73f25527826fb8b1d96740aefdbbd.jpg

Friends are great!

That's a good quality brand and a nice assortment.  Great to learn on and when you're ready to step up these will be great to have to try out different gouge grinds, or scraper shapes.  

13 hours ago, Mick S said:

Friends are great!

I'm super jealous. You've got a great friend there. I want to try some traditional turning tools but there is that barrier to entry of sharpening after buying multiple not inexpensive tools. It doesn't seem all that different to getting started on hand tools.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

NOthing to do with woodworking unless you count the table I have to build.  Used switches (8 of them,  additonal track and a lot of wiring supplies.  I am resurrecting my old O gauge trains to pass on to my Grandson.  The locomotive in pic is a 1935 Lionel.  Also have a 1950 twin diesel.  Hope to start building the table for the layout later this week.

1605426061_IMG_20200803_1135220871.thumb.jpg.bd3696e7c9e6484ba11f506452d0d12f.jpg

672629660_IMG_20200803_1138361761.thumb.jpg.339cafbcad7a953f5fd41d9d8b5ff284.jpg

Model trains is a hobby I’d always thought would be fun to get into but never had the space to create the layout that I’d want