What came in the mail today?

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Can we get an oooh

My new Blue Spruce mallet, cocobolo handle curly maple 16oz polymer infused head ...one of two birthday presents to my self :) 

My wife: Wow that looks way to nice to hit anything with

Me: Your point :D

IMG_6443.JPG.05688e97ba666cf61876cfc4ecff8654.JPG

I love Blue Spruce. Totally a splurge tool, but I’ve got their coping saw and a marking knife. Really want one of their bevel gauges.

• Like 2

I didn't take any pictures, but this looks like the right thread.

I've been outfitting the mechanic shop, for a good while.  Lately, I've been supplying the pliers drawer.   I've been ordering one of different brands, to try.  For small pliers, I found some that seem to be quite a deal, for pretty nice quality little ones, in a cheap Chinese company named Tekton (spelling might not be exact).  I was really pleased with them, so ordered one of each, and was still very satisfied with every one of them.

Since the small ones were so nice, I ordered one of the full sized ones.  Nope.  Not okay.  Scratch off that brand for anything else.

So, I ordered one Knipex bent nose needle nose, without wire cutting jaws, and they came today.  They weren't exactly cheap, but it is an old German company, that takes pride in quality.

I think I'm in trouble.  Those Knipex pliers are NICE!!   I just ordered a couple of other types.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, legenddc said:

Tom have you ordered the Knipex Pliers wrench? I want to get one but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. 

I have a couple of those and they're great, but sometimes when the nut is really close to the wall they become difficult to use because you need to apply constant pressure on the handles or they will release the nut.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Got some finish supplies in from Jamestown Distributors. If you have ever had your foam brushes act like a limp, well you get the picture, these are your answer. You have to buy them by the case but they work way better especially with thicker products like paint, epoxy etc. Even for light weight work they don't shed and the ends are much stiffer then what you can get at the home center.

IMG_6472.JPG.03b0c196b4405a1549457d6d6406ae2a.JPG

Still waiting for Fedex to deliver my 2nd bday gift today...thanks Mick its all your fault :D

More to come!!

I'll have to remember those. I hate the cheap foam brushes and the price for a big box of those seems really reasonable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Got some finish supplies in from Jamestown Distributors. If you have ever had your foam brushes act like a limp, well you get the picture, these are your answer. You have to buy them by the case but they work way better especially with thicker products like paint, epoxy etc. Even for light weight work they don't shed and the ends are much stiffer then what you can get at the home center.

IMG_6472.JPG.03b0c196b4405a1549457d6d6406ae2a.JPG

Still waiting for Fedex to deliver my 2nd bday gift today...thanks Mick its all your fault :D

More to come!!

are the prices comparable to other stores?

thanks

12 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Please, PLEASE do a "journal" on the setup and use. That machine fascinates me, but the price is a hurdle that needs confidence to leap....

Build one! It doesn't seem like it's that hard and Mattia's instructions are pretty good. I have a few of his plans.... not entirely sure why. One of these days i'm going to make a belt sander. I have it like 25% done, but stuff got in the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan McCully said:

Got my Bosch Colt router that @pkinneb sent to me. Stuck in an air bnb while I wait to move but excited to put it to use once I get in my new shop

Awe man that one looks like it's in WAY better condition than mine. Maybe it's just the picture. I can't imagine @pkinneb ever abusing a tool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Build one! It doesn't seem like it's that hard and Mattia's instructions are pretty good. I have a few of his plans.... not entirely sure why. One of these days i'm going to make a belt sander. I have it like 25% done, but stuff got in the way.

Don't think I haven't considered it!   Debating between his bandsaw or the pantarouter.  I have room enough for the pantarouter, but would likely get more use from the bandsaw. That would crowd my space, though.

• Like 1