What came in the mail today?

On 7/24/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tom King said:

Did the UPS guy knock on your door, to see if you were okay?

No he didn't! But the other night we had someone ring our doorbell at 9:40pm (we were sleeping) since UPS dropped off something we'd ordered at his house. Turns out it was the neighbor across the street.

I don't know about you all, but I think 9:40pm is way too late to go to someone's house that you've never even met.

• Like 2

I bought a breaker bar like that along with a socket for my lug nuts and put it in the trunk with my jack and spare.  I've had way more than my share of flat tires in this life, so I've learned the hard way that the lug wrench that comes with the vehicle is for decorative purposes only.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark J said:

I bought a breaker bar like that along with a socket for my lug nuts and put it in the trunk with my jack and spare.  I've had way more than my share of flat tires in this life, so I've learned the hard way that the lug wrench that comes with the vehicle is for decorative purposes only.

A good purchase. On cars with alloy wheels I’ve still found that tire fitters seem to think putting the nuts on with an air tool is the best way rather than torqueing them with a torque wrench. So subsequently a pet gorilla is needed to undo them with the joke “tool “ supplied with cars. I too got a breaker bar for exactly the same reasons.

On 7/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, RichardA said:

After dark, I answer the door armed, unless I've expected someone late.

Had I got out of bed and answered the door, that would've been my MO as well, Rick. As it was, I watched from my Ring cameras and then stayed awake for another hour or so to make sure he didn't come back.

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

My tires rotate every time I drive :P

Hmmm, so they rotate, or revolve? :unsure:

Received a couple of goodies today. A new BOW magswitch  featherboard body, figure I might use it more if its easy...we will see. Also received my Makita palm router, and finally my gold plated gloves...well they were twice what I paid last time,  another victim of Covid I imagine lol

IMG_6499.JPG.77bc725d860690e06a086f0514cce94e.JPG

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mick S said:

After dark, I answer the door undressed. Scares the hell out of 'em and they never come back.

Ya gotta be careful with that. There's a bunch of lettered people starting with L and a list of other letters that just might fall in love.   

14 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Hmmm, so they rotate, or revolve? :unsure:

Definitely rotate. 

13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Are dad jokes allowed here? I think i saw a rule somewhere.

I have two kids so I’m required to make dad jokes every opportunity I get.