What came in the mail today?

3 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Nice Rick, reminds me I have to upgrade my router table and band saw. pictures when done please

No problem Dave, But as is typical, I left out a single part.  I'll pick it up tomorrow, then a pic.   Bandsaw is next for improvement.

Drawer glides arrived for the desk I am going to build for my Grandson.

Also recently got Mary May's book, "Carving the Acanthus leaf".  I have found that I realy enjoy carving.

I was going to take a stinging inlay class with Steve Latta at Adams School in May but it was cancelled so I have signed up for a Carving class with Alexander Grabovetskiy.  He does amazing things: https://grabovetskiy.com/.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

Drawer glides arrived for the desk I am going to build for my Grandson.

Also recently got Mary May's book, "Carving the Acanthus leaf".  I have found that I realy enjoy carving.

I was going to take a stinging inlay class with Steve Latta at Adams School in May but it was cancelled so I have signed up for a Carving class with Alexander Grabovetskiy.  He does amazing things: https://grabovetskiy.com/.

I'm going to miss you by a week I'm scheduled to be there the previous week :) 

Marc Adams classes are in person.  He just re-opened on June 1 and has done a lot to make it a safe envorinment.  His workshops are 5 days long.  He also has weekend classes.  His instructors are from all over the world and are some of the best in there fields.  Check out his website.  The number of claases on all kinds of subjects is amzing.

Mary May's is on online school.  She alson does live classes and workshops at other location including Marc Adams school.

Yes, I just saw that MASW is open.  I'm not sure I'm ready for that, yet, but there was a class in the fall I was thinking about.  I'd have to talk my wife into letting me go there.

What about the grabovetskiy classes, on the website it sounded like those were virtual.

5 hours ago, Mark J said:

What about the grabovetskiy classes, on the website it sounded like those were virtual.

Grabavetskiy's school is online but he does travel to various schools like Marc Adam's to teach as well.

3 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Meanwhile on another hobby, I got this in the mail.

And here I thought "O'Henry" was a candy bar.

• Haha 1

Got some West System epoxy pumps in the mail today for some of the epoxy I picked up off of Facebook.

Tomorrow my bowl template bit comes. Hopefully I can find some time to make a Marc's salt cellar before the end of the month. Not sure what to use for the circle template yet as I don't want to spend even more money on this.

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

Couple more squares. Trying these out because the insane cost of trying to buy 4-5 Starrett squares of the same size.

Buy 1 Starrett and keep it in your pocket. I get they are expensive but I bought two (4" & 6") 20 years ago and they are just as accurate and nice today as the day I bought them. The 4" is my go to always in my right front apron pocket. If I could only have two measuring/layout tools it would be the 4" Starrett and my 6" Woodpeckers Stainless Paolini rule.

• Like 1