What came in the mail today?

4 hours ago, Robby W said:

That is pretty fancy. When I got my chronograph, it was one of the first. It came with two IR sensors that you had to mount. Kludged up something with some 1 x 2 for scraps. Yours is a lot nicer. I'm jealous!

A friend of mine has the old "store receipt" style printer and I woulda gone with that but I'm a bit more modern than he is, and a bit more gadgety :) The first one I received had to go back to Caldwell because something inside rattled.

It didn't come in the mail, but last Friday I took advantage of the Woodcraft sale and picked up a Rikon 10-3061 bandsaw, a set of Whiteside router bits and the Jess-em router table rollers.  They were all on sale so I ended up saving about $75, and got to take my wife out to dinner (she chose Texas Roadhouse).  It was a good day.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

For my birthday my wife bought me, among other things, a laser beam.

D492A410-6419-47A2-8832-12D2E9A6EF68_1_105_c.jpeg

I talked to my brother up in Denver over the weekend. He casually mentioned that he got a laser - CNC 150 watt 36" x 60" bed. He has a contract to make 10,000 of something, don't remember what, but he frequently takes on corporate promotional contracts needing laser engraving. Kewl!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

For my birthday my wife bought me, among other things, a laser beam.

D492A410-6419-47A2-8832-12D2E9A6EF68_1_105_c.jpeg

I have one similar for my 380 and had I shot it before buying the laser, I would never have. The loudest gun I have ever shot and I have 3 ea. 45’s. It will rest in my safe the rest of my life unless I give it away. 

• Haha 1