What came in the mail today?

Oh it's an Iowa product.... might have to consider something else. I don't know how i feel about supporting my southern rival :P. JK

That's good to know @treeslayer that they are more or less a local company. That helps a lot in making my decision. I really like that all of the fittings and connections appear to be sturdy brass. I've also noticed that some rental places use these for their rental units. Unless Tom has any drastically negative things to say i'll probably be buying one next week. It's going to be Megan's Birthday gift, more or less as a joke but she has been hounding me to buy a pressure washer for a while.

• Haha 2

I haven't used it but once.  It came with an adjustable fan tip, which I didn't like.  I bought a fixed wand to use interchangeable tips, and some tips for the right volume, but haven't tried put water in it yet, this season.  It's so small, I carried it in the house last Fall, and it stayed under the piano, for freeze protection.  I did carry it back to the shop, last week, but have been busy doing other stuff.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jussi said:

Check out the packing job amazon did for a box of protein bars. Foam lined box with an ice bag inside. I dare say they went a bit overboard. 

AAFBDAC4-4BC7-420B-93EF-77AECFD3AAEC.jpeg

But their saving the planet.  Just watch their commercials, so it has to be true!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chet said:

You'll still get opportunities to your it.  I have been surprised at how much I us mine.

I know, I have wanted one for several years and finally had a true need.  Wife wants some sculpted chairs, so it will get used.

On 4/28/2021 at 5:53 PM, jussi said:

Check out the packing job amazon did for a box of protein bars. Foam lined box with an ice bag inside. I dare say they went a bit overboard. 

AAFBDAC4-4BC7-420B-93EF-77AECFD3AAEC.jpeg

I dare say they did a WHOLE lot less when they sent me 4 boxes of 45 caliber ammo by mistake. Padded envelope closed with a strip of packing tape.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Just Bob said:

5 months since I ordered it and 2 months after I finished the project I ordered it for....  still it's very pretty!

rasp.JPG.497e7146751291e12d2678440b24ad0a.JPG

Careful those things can be addicting especially if you do any sculpted work. I bought a couple when I did my sculpted bar stools and now have grown to about a half dozen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I got an air hose reel in the mail. So I'd like to mount it up by the ceiling so it's out of the way. Is there any reason why I couldn't mount it in this orientation? Most of the time i see them so the wheel part is up and down like a tire. It'd make more space sense to mount it like this like a pancake for me though. Thoughts?

0523211639-01.thumb.jpeg.32d5403dc031f3c8aa74075cb23b678a.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I got an air hose reel in the mail. So I'd like to mount it up by the ceiling so it's out of the way. Is there any reason why I couldn't mount it in this orientation? Most of the time i see them so the wheel part is up and down like a tire. It'd make more space sense to mount it like this like a pancake for me though. Thoughts?

0523211639-01.thumb.jpeg.32d5403dc031f3c8aa74075cb23b678a.jpeg

They are pretty heavy with a fair amount of stress, that may be asking a lot of that bracket. 

I have had mine ceiling mounted for many years but hanging down not sideways

• Thanks 1