What came in the mail today?

At one time, deliveries were made by FedX and UPS and a signature with verification of name was required. Then Amazon came along and rang your bell and off they went. Don’t even gat a bell or knock any more. Too damn much in a hurry! 

• Like 1

You can still get signature required, if the sender specifies it. I don’t like signature required because I’m never at home when it would be delivered and so it gets delayed for days and then I have to go pick it up from their facility to avoid it being returned to the sender. 

On 4/15/2021 at 8:43 AM, Chestnut said:

I like shop made edge banding better. It allows me to match materials a lot better imo. And that thing is really expensive.

For nicer projects I agree. But a majority of times for me edge banding comes In the form of shelving, shop cabinets, etc. For those times I would be great to have a conturo. But the entry price is ridiculous for someone in my situation.   I have been eyeing those edge banding machines with table and built in heat gun. Freud makes one. Reviews seem to be mixed however so I’m hesitant. 

Will do.  That's next up, in that shop.  I need to get it going, to do some work on the tractor bucket before a guy with a big excavator comes.

There's always something else to do, though.  Today, since early this morning, I've been trying to get all the grass cut before the next rain comes, this afternoon. 

I might get to work on the cart tomorrow.  I have all the parts, and pieces, and will show what's in the drawers.  Welding helmets, and face shield for cutting, all fit in the bottom drawer.  Next drawer up will have gloves, coat, and such.  Hopefully, I can just wheel it up to what I need to work on, and not lose time looking for stuff.

This welder is an inverter, where the other one was a big, heavy transformer rig.  It does spray transfer, where the other one was short circuit, so it's supposed to be a lot easier to lay down a pretty weld.  The wire melts before it touches the puddle, whereas a short circuit has to touch the wire first.  This one will do pulse, as well, and can set the gas lead in, and taper off time, before, and after welding, so will save time not having to grind starting, and stopping places.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Coop said:

On what sander? We need a report after you give it a try.

It’s my last recon purchase a festool etsc 125. 

will report when I put it to some extended use.  The little I’ve used it so far however seems to yield good results. 

CFED1A8A-623F-46ED-9C76-9339D1782F56.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Took a while to get here but my first Preppin Weapon has arrived. I have a feeling I’ll regret not buying the 4 pack but I can always add more later.

They are addicting.  I have tray in a drawer that holds these loaded with multiple layers of (around) 120, 180, 220 and 400.

1452635250_Sandingblocks.jpg.5009e68bd09abd88ab82af84c599393b.jpg

I actually have a pair with 220 since that seems to be my most often used grit.  The little organizer tray that they set in is a tool box tray from Harbor Freight.  They are just a few bucks and fit the Preppin Weapon perfectly.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

They are addicting.  I have tray in a drawer that holds these loaded with multiple layers of (around) 120, 180, 220 and 400.

I actually have a pair with 220 since that seems to be my most often used grit.  The little organizer tray that they set in is a tool box tray from Harbor Freight.  They are just a few bucks and fit the Preppin Weapon perfectly.

Good to know. I just bookmarked that tool tray. After the next project I get to use it on I'm sure I'll pull the plug and buy more.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, Tom King said:

Got a little 120v pressure washer for the mechanic shop.  The big gas powered one is almost a production to drag out, it fights back using it, and the operator ends up soaking wet too.  This one seems like a toy by comparison, but I tried it out today, and it's a pleasure to use.  1400 psi, at 1.5 gpm.  I also got a foam cannon for washing vehicles, and house siding, but I'm not sure if this one will provide enough oomph for that.

I'm not brand loyal to many brands, but Mi-T-M is one of them, for pressure washing equipment.

It's heavier than it looks.

IMG_2907.JPG

Tom, are you still liking this pressure washer? I'm in the market for one and ideally I'd like one with an induction motor because the universal motors on the other units are loud and annoying to the desired user (Megan). I'm looking at it for general household use so i don't need the most pressure or flow.