What came in the mail today?

On 4/14/2023 at 9:48 AM, GlennL said:

UPS delivered my metal bucket. Good bye to the HD plastic bucket...this one doesn't collapse!!!

I've heard you need to double up on the plastic buckets to keep them from collapsing. 

Where did you get the elbows/adapters for the Dust Deputy? I have the funnel part but when I looked to buy fittings it was almost cheaper to buy a brand new kit from Oneida.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:11 AM, legenddc said:

I've heard you need to double up on the plastic buckets to keep them from collapsing. 

I tried using a second bucket and still had a problem.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:11 AM, legenddc said:

Where did you get the elbows/adapters for the Dust Deputy? I have the funnel part but when I looked to buy fittings it was almost cheaper to buy a brand new kit from Oneida.

I bought the elbows on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G8QVFBM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 8:31 PM, pkinneb said:

I haven't been able to do any woodworking yet this year between tax season and my wife being out the use of her right arm for three months but that hasn't stopped me from picking up tools ^_^

IMG_9346.thumb.JPG.930e44f78f62529005eb3d536d928785.JPG

Going back to Greg Pennington's school in June and wanted my own tools this time so that I can make one Windsor rocker there and an additional one (or more) when I get home.

Big Boy Toys!!!!!:lol:

• Haha 1

I’ve been really impressed by the couple battery powered Stihl tools I have (extending hedge trimmer and extending pole saw). Considering replacing my gas string trimmer and blower with battery. And maybe a small chainsaw to compliment my 20” and 36” saws. 

That Logan point driver is great. I’ve used mine a lot between frames I’ve made and swapping out photos/artwork in frames I have bought. I’ve used it from hard maple to pine and it works well on all. 

Tom, this point driver is specifically aimed at picture frames, not the smaller window glazing points. 

3 hours ago, legenddc said:

They're 11/64" wide and 37/64" long. Not sure how that compares to what you're used to with windows Tom.

Glazing points are wider than long. They project around .25” into the frame, have a built in stop, and leave about .25” to support the glass until the glazing cures. They are temporary, not primary support. That is not to say they do not stay in place. They stay, but are not really needed while the glazing is still serviceable. Photo taken from a sales ad

IMG_2231.jpeg