What came in the mail today?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, gee-dub said:

Many of my tablesaw blades are made by Carbide Processors. Years ago I kinda fell in love with the longevity of the cermet II tips and I have them ground to .125" for my own reasons. One exception is a Freud P410 general purpose blade I picked up for general work. I clean my blades regularly and on the first cleaning of this Freud blade I saw this.

420674673_Freudp410glitch.thumb.jpg.0040a816fd0ca61ec0512e4971208b59.jpg
I cleaned the blade the way I have been cleaning blades for years; nothing special. I was fairly confident the blade was fine. If it was going to toss that tooth it would have done it by now. Still I contacted Freud just to confirm that I could put the blade back into service. After a few photos supplied per their request they deemed the blade good to go. They stated that the flaw was below their expected QA level and so offered me a new blade.

1857218439_Freudp410glitchreplced.thumb.jpg.1d13b5983ac419a7bc0cf3687dd9ee86.jpg

Beats a poke in the eye with a hot stick.

When I need a router bit in short order and can't get a Whiteside I grab a Freud.  Although a massive producer of various cutters they have always served me well.

Wow never seen that! Glad they took care of you. Freud is my go to TS blade.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a handful of impact-rated drill bits. They're handy for quick pilot holes and house stuff where I don't really need to lug along a second tool. The hammer usually doesn't even kick in when drilling drywall or softwoods. Don't make the mistake of using a non-impact rated bit though... Learned that lesson the hard way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, BonPacific said:

I've got a handful of impact-rated drill bits. They're handy for quick pilot holes and house stuff where I don't really need to lug along a second tool. The hammer usually doesn't even kick in when drilling drywall or softwoods. Don't make the mistake of using a non-impact rated bit though... Learned that lesson the hard way.

I just use the drill when I don’t want to carry both. If I’m already drilling, the impact isn’t typically needed. 

I guess i don't run many big screws 1-3/4" is the largest i use on any regular basis. Just tested the 12v impact. It's quick faster than my ancient 18v dewalt impact. The irony is the 18v 3 speed drill sunk a 3" #10 screw in pine the fastest out of the bunch.

Running 3 3" screws in and out the 12v impact dropped 1 battery bar.

6 minutes ago, JohnG said:

It was either already right on the line or it will settle in and give better readings. My 12v milwaukees last a long time between charges.

Interesting must be a fluke because it just came off the charger earlier today.

Also interesting the 12v drill with these high output batteries is indistinguishable in speed on the #10 3"screw. I should find a lag and time them.

1230221434.jpg