What came in the mail today?

11 hours ago, Just Bob said:

It's easy.

DC.JPG.e9f36b0bf7406f07c50b9dd1cb0877df.JPG

Just a hint that will improve airflow quite a bit. Take out that flex and us solid pipe and a long sweep elbow. then use a piece of flex for the drop between the cyclone and bin. That flex elbow you have especially is killing your airflow.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, drzaius said:

Just a hint that will improve airflow quite a bit. Take out that flex and us solid pipe and a long sweep elbow. then use a piece of flex for the drop between the cyclone and bin. That flex elbow you have especially is killing your airflow.

Agree. And 6" if possible

13 hours ago, Chet said:

It didn't come in the mail, it was a father's day gift.  This is by far the best push broom I have ever had for the shop.

It has a high and low setting and variable speed trigger.  Its a really, really nice machine.

IMG_0710.thumb.jpg.67917901b254433d93ce89a90ca64f65.jpg

That works better than a spray bottle for getting cats off the kitchen counter :) 

They pack a good punch for a cordless blower. Another bonus is that they are much quieter (not saying much) that a gas blower. I can use it to blow the stray clippings off the driveway and sidewalk without pissing off the whole neighborhood.

• Like 1

Apparently a common accessory for cordless leaf blowers are stubby nozzles so you can use them to dry your car. I imagine that would be helpful for the shop too.

I've been saying it for a couple years now but I think this fall will be the year I take the plunge and buy a cordless leaf blower.

I accumulated some Ryobi cordless tools after getting an 18v Mister at the start of the pandemic, and already had the batteries that came with that.  Then I decided to get some higher ah batteries for the pole saw.  It was cheaper to get a couple of batteries with a free leaf blower than just the batteries, so I ended up with the Ryobi cordless leaf blower.

The first time I used it I thought it was a real wimp, but didn't toss it.  I'm used to a 13hp Billy Goat on wheels, and a couple of different model corded Toro's that are as strong as backpack blowers.  Then I needed to blow out the garage at the rental house without making such a mess by blowing dust up all over everything, so I used the Ryobi.

Since then, it's become my most used blower.  I keep it in the truck, and am glad I have it.  I don't think one much weaker than this one would be much use though.  It's fine for sawdust and shavings, and even aluminum shavings.

Drew, the big Toro corded, with a 100' cord tied to it would be a good choice for that.  That's the kind of thing I use mine for.  It has Way more power than any cordless.

https://www.amazon.com/TORO-PowerJet-Electric-Handheld-Blower/dp/B07VVDYYBF/ref=sr_1_12?crid=3J58YPZXXJRLN&keywords=toro+blower&qid=1656521246&sprefix=toro+blower%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-12

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:29 AM, Chestnut said:

As a tangent I'm 3 years into never removing a single bag of grass clippings or leaf debris from my yard. My fertilizer bill went down 75%-85% and my yard is healthier.

I've always been a fan of mulching. Never really understood all the work people put into removing nutrients from the environment and then spending money on replacing them again. A golf-course like lawn just looks weird to me.

I'm also on the search for a cheap but useful electric blower. 90% for cleaning out the shop, and maybe once or twice a year I expect I'll want to blow the driveway just to keep the leaves from clogging the gravel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chestnut said:

. I only have to blow them to the grass so the mower can mulch them but that still takes a decent amount of time. As a tangent I'm 3 years into never removing a single bag of grass clippings or leaf debris from my yard. My fertilizer bill went down 75%-85% and my yard is healthier.

Even if I let the lawn get way too long, I don't use the catcher anymore, just run the mulching mower over it a few times until everything is broken down. In the fall I run the mower over the lawn until the leaves are chopped so small that they just disappear into the grass.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drzaius said:

Even if I let the lawn get way too long, I don't use the catcher anymore, just run the mulching mower over it a few times until everything is broken down. In the fall I run the mower over the lawn until the leaves are chopped so small that they just disappear into the grass.

People think I'm crazy or stupid for doing this or they say they get too many leaves. I don't think there are many people that get more leaves than I do but it works. It takes a couple passes but I usually go for a 45 min walk every day, don't mind me if it's behind my mower or through my boring neighborhood.

It’s very nice! Only slightly nicer than my old HF benchtop drill press though :ph34r:

Quiet, smooth, powerful, accurate. Everything my HF wasn’t. 

I really need to stop moving and assembling these machines on my own, my luck is going to run out soon. It almost did while lifting the power head onto the column. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1