What came in the mail today?

The other concrete saw blade showed up today.  They had already issued me a refund on the first one that showed up yesterday, but I can't find any way to talk to anyone about it.

A few weeks ago they sent a box of three casters that was supposed to be four.  They delivered a box with four, and picked up the box with three, but I never saw any kind of notice about a refund for the three.  They'll probably charge me for both sets of casters, so I guess we're about even, but they haven't charged me for the second box with the correct number of casters in it, so who knows??.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Amazon is a well oiled machine couldn’t be more wrong.  My company sells a decent amount on Amazon and it’s really opened my eyes to how much goes wrong. 
That being said, I still order things on Amazon very frequently. Now it amazes me how often things go right. 

Though at over 1.5M packages shipped per day, even a 99.9% accuracy rate is still 1,500 errors every day. 

• Like 1

Well oiled or not, I’m still amazed that often, I can order something at 9:30 at night and it will be on my porch before noon the next day. And I’m not terribly disappointed if it doesn’t get here until the next day. IMO, Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden should have gotten Amazon involved in the Covid vaccine distribution. 

On 4/19/2022 at 10:26 PM, Coop said:

Tom, who is they, Amazon? 

Yes, Amazon.  I probably shouldn't complain.  I went through the pages of stuff we bought from Amazon last year, to pull Pam's dog expenses out, and there were 63 pages, minimum 8 orders per page, and some of those orders included multiple items.  I think the sawblade, and caster orders were the only problem orders, and those were this year.  I remember a few other things got lost, but they just credited those back to us.

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

63 pages, minimum 8 orders per page,

:o I thought I ordered from amazon a lot... that puts me in my place. No judgement i think it's a great resource, i'll gladly wait and let some one else put wear and tear on a delivery vehicle vs running to the store for things I don't need right away.

At least it was a light year on ebay.  I just checked, and there were only 4 pages of orders on ebay, with 25 per page.

About the only place we've been out shopping the past couple of years is the grocery store, and sometimes an auto or tractor parts store.

Not many miles were put on my old truck, so that saved a lot of money.

I had to go to town today to get a replacement faucet, and I really didn't want to go.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 11:05 AM, gee-dub said:

If another batch like this comes home it will have to camp out on the shop floor

These days you could probably sell some and get enough to take your wife on an around the world vacation.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, Chet said:

These days you could probably sell some and get enough to take your wife on an around the world vacation.

No kidding.  I guess it is a good problem to have.  Years ago I would just buy any sort of good deal that I came across.  I picked up a couple of large batches of walnut from Woodworking Servicemen.  They had gotten redeployed and didn't want to move their lumber.  Prices on everything took a dip in the 2007-2008 fiasco and I stocked up then as well.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 3:41 PM, Chestnut said:

Saving the best for last....DSC_6568-01.thumb.jpeg.7210b838ec54c022a728b48218f06176.jpeg

Blue Spruce bevel gauge. I've been wating the end locking gauges for a while, figured i'd put some tools like this on my gift list as they are as nice to give as they are to recieve. Maybe not pay for though.

I've picked up a few things from Blue Spruce over the years. Love the quality of the tools they make. A bit more pricey than others, but worth the additional cost in my opinion.

Got a Whiteside upspiral bit the other day for my palm router. Had a few instances where the smaller router would be a lot easier to use.

Also got some hairpin legs so I can make a coffee table. Won't be our permanent coffee table but used until I can eventually make my way around to the real one. Figure it can be a test for the size and hopefully avoid any spills from cups on the ground from the kids.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Mark J said:

I bought these four Veritas items for a dollar at a church rummage sale.

20220424_200635.thumb.jpg.d3914a178492c292680b5f6252f2e1fa.jpg

I had no idea what they were, but I figured, hey, Veritas.

The two on the right are accessories for the Veritas grinding platform, which I don't have.

The two items on the left are for card scrapers.  One thing holds the file for sharpening and the other holds the card for scrapping.  

I think the one in the bottom left of the picture is for holding the tool or file to sharpen a planer knife or card scraper. I was looking at getting one awhile ago. 

https://www.craftsmanstudio.com/Veritas-JointerEdger_p_251.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI15Ki-9Gy9wIVAHFvBB3P9ADfEAQYASABEgLex_D_BwE

• Like 1