Hijack!

Llama

On 4/1/2022 at 9:50 AM, Chestnut said:

I put my snowblower away in hopes that it brings a blizzard. We didn't get enough snow up here IMO.

Ahh Drew speak for yourself :P

We had plenty and it was colder then it needed to as well LOL

...and with that guess what its snowing but high of 50 tomorrow so it wont be here long 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, Coop said:

Thanks Dave. I had heard that you weren’t suppose to do that on a router table. Just wanted to make sure and be safe! 

Wouldn’t the bit be spinning the opposite way you wanted it to if you moved the fence behind the router and ran the piece in between in the normal right to left direction?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone used B-I-N, Bin Zinsser shellac primer? I’m making a table and using some leftover 3/4”  red oak ply for the top. I will band it with some hard wood and would like for the grain in the ply to be as unnoticeable as possible. The new owners will paint it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, treeslayer said:

I’ve heard about doing this, never wanted to try it and this proves why I’ll never try it85AD8D1C-8044-424C-B4EB-19E9EEAE0B70.jpeg.b64dabfb35b5e07adb79b78369db9004.jpeg

I just watched it in an episode of Making Fun (kids show) on Netflix with Jimmy Diresta where they did this. They didn't go into any of the details about the process but I suspect they doing it with a car battery type of setup, not a hacked up microwave or whatever people were using.

3 hours ago, legenddc said:

I just watched it in an episode of Making Fun (kids show) on Netflix with Jimmy Diresta where they did this. They didn't go into any of the details about the process but I suspect they doing it with a car battery type of setup, not a hacked up microwave or whatever people were using.

You can use a car battery as an energy source, but the voltage must be boosted to dangerous levels in order to burn the tracks in the wood.

• Like 1

The need for higher / dangerous voltages can be reduced by treating the wood with an electrolyte, like salt water, and simply keeping the distance between electrodes short. It takes volts to overcome the high resistance of a long-ish path through the not-so-conductive dry wood surface, but once the circuit is established, only a few volts are needed to produce enough current to char the wood.