Hijack!

Llama

On 9/7/2022 at 5:00 AM, Tpt life said:

Off brand are a craps shoot. I have had an equal number of high performers and low performers. The low performers were never about the cells. The low performers were always a failure in the case. That’s just my experience, and that experience causes me to look for reviews. 

I just don't trust most e-commerce user reviews these days. Amazon has never addressed their fake and manipulated review issues, and it's bled over into a lot of other platforms.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, legenddc said:

You didn't say, but did you get stung? How did you get the sawzall out? Was it covered in yellowjacket spray when you did?

I heard the buzz a split second before I felt the sting on the ear. I was very lucky only one tapped me. 

Usually I apply a trick an older guy once showed me. Roll up some newspaper and light it and hold the “torch” up between me and the nest. With my other hand, throw a handful of flour across the flames at the nest. There is absolutely nothing left of the nest or critters. This time we opted not for the drama but for wasp spray. Not nearly as exciting! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BonPacific said:

I just don't trust most e-commerce user reviews these days. Amazon has never addressed their fake and manipulated review issues, and it's bled over into a lot of other platforms.

I don’t find any trouble weeding out real reviews from fake. I don’t go through their platform, and look at reasons for returns. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • I went to Harbor Freight and then to AutoZone today looking for a whisk broom. Employees at both places were about 18-20 yo and neither knew what I was talking about and after checking with their managers, neither place carried them. I guess I’m just old school? :huh:

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Commercial-Whisk-Yellow-FG9B5500YEL/dp/B005KDDLQ2/ref=asc_df_B005KDDLQ2/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198077862906&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1862247723183600381&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9009786&hvtargid=pla-317877176347&psc=1

That's all I've ever heard them called, all my life.   I'm also from a part of the country where the predecessor to a "weedeater" was called a "sling blade".

Google found "whisk broom", but only thought "sling blade" was a movie.

Google recognizes "swing blade":   https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tru-Tough-Long-Handle-Tool-Weeder/3060035