Hijack!

Llama

9 hours ago, Coop said:

The ends are painted blue. Is there a universal color for paint colors for different woods? 

No the color really only means something to some saw mills some of the time. IIRC from the lumber industry podcast different mills use different colors for various reasons. Some mills all use the same color.

I'd bet a lot of money that's ash. Not sure which ash, my gut guess is green, but for me it can be hard to differentiate between the different ash species through pictures.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:27 PM, Coop said:

Uvalde Tx. So sad. Not sure what the answer is but something needs to be done, bilaterally. My worst concern as an elementary student was homework and the principal’s office. 

I agree. My kid's started active shooter drills at the age of 3. We shouldn't have to be doing this.

I'll leave it at that so this doesn't become a rambling, angry rant.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 10:27 PM, Coop said:

Uvalde Tx. So sad. Not sure what the answer is but something needs to be done, bilaterally. My worst concern as an elementary student was homework and the principal’s office. 

I agree @Coop never thought I would have anxiety as my wife heads out to teach 5 year old's :( 

• Sad 1

On 6/10/2016 at 6:20 PM, Llama said:

I am starting this thread so it will give us hijackers a place to be free.

I'll start by asking something:

What is the best place in Ohio to get a burger?

In Cleveland in the nineties we walked into a place called the boneyard. Everyone in the place stopped what they were doing and looked right at us as soon as we opened the door. We got scared, turned around.. then after stopping at the "steak and steam" at closing time, then being told "but the guys are still out back" we ended up eating nothing that night. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that

On 6/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, JohnG said:

Birds kept trying to build a nest in the canopy of my tractor. I put a toy snake my kids had in the spot and the birds haven’t been back.

170AD119-626A-41F7-BFF5-A647FF3784DD.thumb.jpeg.5c18415315804d9d441357be827e5b3e.jpeg

You got me LOL...My first thought was oh no I'd be parking that inside :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've seen the threaded rod trick somewhere before, and tried it myself. It does make for a nice layer of glue, but isn't the easiest tool to spread glue with. And really hard to clean off.

Good idea on the leg laminations. I bet a small corner chamfer would completely obscure any sign of a glue line 

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July! I was at the beach with my family and some extended family for the week. Was going great until some sort of stomach bug got most of us.  Definitely not ready to be back at work and things will be pretty busy for the foreseeable future.

Nice to come back to a mostly clean shop though. Hoping to start sneaking in some time down there and get back to my TV stand. Have a bunch of other things I need to focus on though so it will be slow progress.

• Sad 1