Hijack!

Llama

32 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Dad had a teacher in High School, who dipped snuff, and used a spit cup tucked into the bosom of her dress. That is, when she didn't have her feet propped on the desk, and reclined so she could just spit out the open window. :o

For a second there I thought you were describing my 7th grade science teacher until you got to the she part :o. :lol:

• Haha 1

I’ve been around a few incidents. 

Around 84 Fellow cabinet maker had a 5 gallon bucket wineral spririts and dumped in on his boots. He worked the rest of the day wit( the boots on. Next day he said his feet Rashed real bad and walked like he was on pins and needles.

For a short time I remodeled a 4 story apartment complex into a medical facility. A buddy who rode with me had just bought a brand new pair of boots the day before stepped intonac5 gallon bucket of paint coming down a ladder. He was passed all day..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, legenddc said:

Just did an online chat with Home Depot and got them to price match a rug. Took the $350 rug down to $130. Not sure how they're able to take 60%+ off a product.

That's probably a 60% off the original markup.  So they only made a 40% profit.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BonPacific said:

Tall ceilings are great for basically everything except the heating bill.

Heating bill is pretty good all things considered. A portion of the house steps up 4 feet and is connected with this area and promotes circulation. Our worst bill was only $150 for a month where the average temp was 9 F. I know this comment was eliciting a response I just wanted to say that I'm quite happy with our heating bills the house is well designed and well built.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BonPacific said:

Huh?

I love tall ceilings.

your comment wasn't eliciting a response ... bah fail

I love them as well. Everything needs to be done right though obviously. Something as simple as a fan can make tall vaulted ceilings more efficient. Also I'm always surprised at how little insulation is installed in home's attics when they are built. Yeah they probably met code but it's not expensive to go from R42 to R60 with blown in insulation.

• 1 month later...