Greene and Greene Inspired 9 Drawer Dresser

gee-dub

First time running across this thread and went through every page. I am completely amazed how freakin' awesome this is and the attention to detail on every piece. You are truly a craftsman with rare abilities! 

Even if I had the talent (which I'm not even close), I wouldn't have the patience for every little detail on this project. 

Great work gee-dub. 

• Like 1

Wow.  Thanks everyone for the kind words.  Much appreciated.

I figured I'd at least pick up a little grief for taking over 2 weeks to post a decent pic :wacko:

I had fun with this one and re-learned something I already knew; "There are no shortcuts to anywhere I want to go".

I used a different assembly method for the carcass (some pocket holes on the dividers versus sliding dovetails or M&T) under the pretense that I would really fly through this build.  In fact I ran into the usual unforeseen delays and interruptions and could have just used my standard joinery and assembly methods without finishing the piece any later than I actually did.

It all worked out in the end and I am happy with it.  Since it is for the house, more importantly, the wife is happy with it :)

9 hours ago, Lester Burnham said:

Your camera work is fine, man. It's a complex beauty that shows you've got some serious chops. How many G&G pieces do you think you've done over the years?

If you skip small boxes, picture frames, mirrors and so forth I have only done a couple of dozen large pieces since around 2006.  Back then I ran into Darrell Peart and expressed my love of G&G and the whole ultimate bungalow era.  He explained some of the processes, I bought his book that was out at the time and began to think I could actually make some of the things I had in my head.  I make a lot of styles but, I have a soft spot for G&G.

• Like 2

• gee-dub changed the title to Greene and Greene Inspired 9 Drawer Dresser