What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

my hose wasn't long enough.

One of the best Festool purchases I have made was the hose extension.  I find myself using it in the shop more then I thought and I can vacuum the vehicles with out moving the CT out of the garage.  And if  I was sanding windows 18 ft of the ground I would have to balance the CT on a garbage can.:P

17 minutes ago, Chet said:

One of the best Festool purchases I have made was the hose extension.  I find myself using it in the shop more then I thought and I can vacuum the vehicles with out moving the CT out of the garage.  And if  I was sanding windows 18 ft of the ground I would have to balance the CT on a garbage can.:P

Hose extension? Do you mean a second longer hose or is there like a 3 for extension. I can't count how many times a little extra length would have done the trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I went to the sporting goods store and got to see my new rifle. Since it's a semi-auto they won't let me take it home without a 10 day waiting period. That's after two weeks of waiting for it to be shipped (late because of COVID they said) and taking a safety class online (I've been shooting for 50 years and been through tons of courses but no dice). So now I've seen it, felt it, threw it up to my cheek, and now I wait. Just thinking, for the price I coulda got a SawStop hmmm....

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Hose extension? Do you mean a second longer hose or is there like a 3 for extension. I can't count how many times a little extra length would have done the trick.

50 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

I agree do share Chet

I have this one Festool Hose  Your existing hose plugs in to the large end fitting and then the other end has the same fitting that fits your tools.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, Chip Sawdust said:

Yesterday I went to the sporting goods store and got to see my new rifle. Since it's a semi-auto they won't let me take it home without a 10 day waiting period. That's after two weeks of waiting for it to be shipped (late because of COVID they said) and taking a safety class online (I've been shooting for 50 years and been through tons of courses but no dice). So now I've seen it, felt it, threw it up to my cheek, and now I wait. Just thinking, for the price I coulda got a SawStop hmmm....

I believe that your fingers will be further away from the business end with the rifle.  Added safety.

• Haha 1

I like the star drive Deckmate screws, that Home Depot sells, best of all for deck fasteners, and many other things.  I've pulled many proud deck nails, replaced with those screws, and never had to replace one of the screws.  Get the ones with the black label.  They've changed the design of them several times.

• Like 1