What did you do today?


new2woodwrk
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Coop said:

All I know about Fargo was gathered from the movie. Did you pick up the accent? 

Ya you betcha. I grew up with the accent. Movie is pretty cringe worthy in how much they over emphasize the accent very few people's accent is that thick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Ya you betcha. I grew up with the accent. Movie is pretty cringe worthy in how much they over emphasize the accent very few people's accent is that thick.

It's kinda like being from Texas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we're talking about cleaning filters I'll ask this.  I have a large pleated HEPA canister filter on my P-Flux DC, and it's time to clean it out again.  I remember this was a big pain last summer, with multiple methods yielding poor results.  My vague (but only vague) recollection is that I ended up washing it out in the yard with a garden hose. 

Is it exceptable to flush these filters with water, or us that a bad idea?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Since we're talking about cleaning filters I'll ask this.  I have a large pleated HEPA canister filter on my P-Flux DC, and it's time to clean it out again.  I remember this was a big pain last summer, with multiple methods yielding poor results.  My vague (but only vague) recollection is that I ended up washing it out in the yard with a garden hose. 

Is it exceptable to flush these filters with water, or us that a bad idea?

I don't think that you should wash it with water. It depends on the filter type as Frank said. Even if it's spun fiberglass I'm not sure that washing with water is a good thing.

If your pleated filter is the paper type you never will get it completely clean but that's ideal. The particulates that build up in the filter help increase the overall filtration. It's at the cost of airflow but this should be accounted for in the design of the collector. The period of this is called seasoning and you may have read references to it before.

If you washed a paper filter it may well be ruined. If it's working now i wouldn't wash it again. My method for cleaning the filter is a leaf blower. Take it outside and blow in 1 end and out the other. Compressed air blowing from the outside in is another way to help loosen material. The goal is to remove the large buildups of dust not necessarily make it look "new" again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Is it exceptable to flush these filters with water, or us that a bad idea?

I have a Wynn nano on my DC and I "think" it's water-washable but I have achieved good enough results just tapping it and blowing it out (carefully) with compressed air. Outdoors, preferably with a stiff breeze blowing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I have a Wynn nano on my DC and I "think" it's water-washable but I have achieved good enough results just tapping it and blowing it out (carefully) with compressed air. Outdoors, preferably with a stiff breeze blowing!

From https://wynnenv.com/faq/

Q: Are your filters washable?
A: No, we do not recommend washing.  Our woodworking filters are cleaned-down from the outside with about 60 PSI of compressed air. Just use your blow-off nozzle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    30.2k
    Total Topics
    408.4k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    22,740
    Total Members
    3,644
    Most Online
    Daren
    Newest Member
    Daren
    Joined