What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Seeing someone being married for 48 years doesn't really comprehend to me. It's seems impressive but I'd bet i don't even understand half of it.

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

I went through a similar situation a few years back. I was doing some high altitude climbing that I really enjoye

Was this before or after the festool and Lie Nielsen addiction? :P

High altitude climbing sounds like it'd be a lot of fun but yikes as well on the time and money side of it.

Megan and I recently discovered that we both really like ATV trails (hence the new quad) she loves riding and i love driving. It feels good to find something you both like to do together. If my project completion rate slows I'm going to blame us having more fun together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Nice!! 

BTW if I ever build another shop it will have double doors like yours. I know you lose wall space but man that natural light is awesome!

Thanks. The area we live in is called Art Barns because all the homes have some type of artist's studio. When we moved here that's what this space was, complete with halogen spots, etc. The south wall is 3 sets of French doors. It really does eat up a lot of wall space, so eventually I'll replace two of them with half walls with windows above.

• Like 1

Finished rebuilding my eave. Began the tub conversation with my wife. I think the best route is through the sidewall. Less finish work. More rough work. She think that’s scary and wants me to go through cutting the door and cabinetry apart. Less scary for her, but a TON more finish work. 

We didn’t do a whole lot of research so please take this with a grain of salt. We decided on wood wince our deck gets a lot of sun and wood stays cooler and is cheaper to install. We have a 2 year old and 5 year old who like to run around barefoot so the cooler temp will be big. 

Our deck will be about 2 feet off the ground and we already own a pressure washer. We have no idea how long we’ll be here but if properly cared for I think it should last. We’re also in a pretty natural type area despite being in a townhouse so it fits in more too. 

• Like 2

@legenddc, I'm guessing you went with pressure treated pine, since you mentioned the cost advantage compared with non-wood products, and woods like sepele or teak are generally more costly than the composite products. I have such a deck, and am happy with it. If you keep it clean and re-coat it with a sealer pretty often, you can keep it looking nice for a long time. Unfortunately, decks take a real beating from the sun, so "maintenance free" is pretty much a myth.

Went to HD today to get some fertilizer and a few other things. They had a LINE you had to wait through, you know, to keep from getting sick or getting others sick. A line, where people were crowded together. I was wearing my P100 mask, but said you know what? I aint waiting in line to get into HD. I'll go to the Ace down the street and get my stuff there.

I was only at HD because the Country Store is nearby, where we always buy our wild bird food.

• Like 2

I love Ace Hardware, when you can find one that the A Hole big box stores haven’t run out of business and I’m as guilty as the next guy for not supporting them more. The employees, for the most part are long tenured and know their stuff. 

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

I love Ace Hardware

My Ace is only a mile from the house but even if it was long it still would be my go to.  I would guess it's been close to a year since I have been to any of the boxes.  Plus I have gotten to know the owner pretty well he gave me a great deal on a bunch of LED shop lights and if I have to have anything delivered to the house he takes care of me there to.