What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

6 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I love my little one, way quieter then the old PC pancake compressor I had. It wouldn't die so it found a new home :) 

Having said that last weekend as I was carrying it down to the theater for one piece of trim i thought you know it would be really nice to have a cordless trim nailer ^_^

I’ll be getting a California Air tools one once my pancake dies. I just got a cordless nail gun but for the amount of nails I’m shooting so quickly in a door a pneumatic is quicker and a lot lighter. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

then mount glass and backer boards.

nice stack of frames Drew, what method do you use to mount the glass and backer boards ? i use a Fletcher Framemaster that I've had for many years and really like it for mounting glass and backer boards.

15 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

nice stack of frames Drew, what method do you use to mount the glass and backer boards ? i use a Fletcher Framemaster that I've had for many years and really like it for mounting glass and backer boards.

I don't know that I provided enough of a rabbet to do a point driver. I'll just do my typical turn buttons. I should have expanded the rabbet and bought a point driver but hindsight is 20:20.

On 2/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, pkinneb said:

Not much time in the shop today but I did get a start on some organization in my PantoRouter cart. I had never used the Kaizen foam before but it works pretty good.

59.jpg.f0d61183857acebabe2fa1034b87ebaf.jpg

But, but, did you allow for the new continuous slot cutting template? Oh, I see it goes in the front. Nice!

Strange day for me.

Not the least of which was my UPS delivery. Earlier than usual.

Sunday I ordered some Krill oil, coffee and Nasacort. 

Today I got Krill oil, coffee, Nasacort and 150 rounds of 45 caliber ammo.

I don't own a gun.

Amazon Customer Service told me to dispose of them or donate them.

ammo?.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mick S said:

But, but, did you allow for the new continuous slot cutting template? Oh, I see it goes in the front. Nice!

I did not but I have a second drawer with room :)

I used that front section for bits and misc stuff. I finished it up tonight

95.jpg.e78227482d429177766650cb5559452f.jpg

and becuase my template shifted without me noticing I got to make it twice ^_^

96.jpg.a3299a9aeb660bf44e8a2b99e621e746.jpg

Also milled up some basswood for my virtual chip carving class tomorrow night

97.jpg.3a2f0b84c1eed106ecba9dc1f2b7d032.jpg

Lastly I taped the handles of some new f clamps I got.

99.jpg.955dab14c71519fea429b3aa207b61b1.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mick S said:

$80/box

I got a very nice bottle of wine from my neighbor for it. Hell of a deal from my perspective!

That's a nice surprise mistake in the mail. I'm surprised they didn't' make you send it back... glad you didn't toss it or I'd have asked for your address and made a trip just to dumpster dive....

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

That's a nice surprise mistake in the mail. I'm surprised they didn't' make you send it back... glad you didn't toss it or I'd have asked for your address and made a trip just to dumpster dive....

+1

Our shooting ranges are in a world of hurt as no one wants to dump ammo down range as there is none to replace it. 

10 hours ago, Chestnut said:

We've seen this twice this year not sure what the deal is. We have either gotten more then we ordered or as Mick did something totally unrelated. In both cases Amazon told us to dispose of it. We have also seen there shipping go to crap. about 20% of what we order doesn't come when they say it will. This has actually got me ordering from alternative sources.

That's a serious mix-up. Imagine what could have happened if someone received it wasn't supposed to have ammo. There could have been some severe consequences.

I'm happy to take anything extra Amazon would like to send me but I suppose I don't order from them enough.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TLCF97B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used these in my basement they are rock solid, just in case a little one decides to do a chin up on it 

Paul, are the nylon anchors substantial? I found these at HD and will never use nylon tap ins or typical toggle bolts again. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=fliptoggle&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=imgv&imgv=1