What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

Hopefully I can finish both up tomorrow I also need to do the burn in on my new pellet smoker.

yeah that's a huge glue up for sure but well done. i friend has a pellet smoker and is a master at running it, i never turn down in invitation for supper at his house

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Coop said:

Paul, in the second pic, what type of joinery did you use? Can’t tell by zooming in. 

Dado's 1/4" deep on the 3/4" BB and 1/8" deep on the 1/2"

34 minutes ago, B1rdhunter said:

More importantly, what kind of pellet smoker?

I went with a Pit Boss Pro Series 4.2. I have used my propane Masterbuilt vertical for about 5 years but I can't keep it from getting to hot and having to prop the door open with a paper clip ^_^. This one got fairly good reviews so I'm hopeful.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

When did Roy go Youtube?

Looks like they started posting a month ago.

This is good,  we don't get his program out here.  I don't know how or who does or PBS programing but it stinks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chet said:

That picture gives me the heebie jeebies.:lol:

Chet hopefully this is better I sure think it is...you are starting to rub off on me which is a good thing :) 

From this

w3.jpg.a6400641cc96cea8b003fdcac21671a8.jpg

To this

W9.jpg.ac81b9dce915bdaff63c27a5ea90cfc2.jpg

Just need to make a bracket for the side to hang the miter gauge on and and a few stop blocks on top for the fence oh and a nice day, with no wind, so I can spray this and four other rolling cabinets as well as my outfeed table always more to do...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Pretty much finished the scraper plane that I started a couple years ago. Some final sanding, touch up the blade, and add finish and it will be complete

What scraper is this and how does it work?

I've been wanting a scarper plane lately and have been trying to buy from one of the big 2 but they stopped making their scraper planes.

Started work on repairing my Fleetwood Evolution 2 camper, starting with the hauling deck. It was built with osb covered in a plastic coating on top that was bolted onto the frame. Unfortunately they cheaped out and only covered the top of the osb so moisture got in and rotted the ends off under the plastic. Another really annoying thing is the size is six inches wider than a four by eight plywood sheet so I had to buy two sheets at $54 a pop to do the job. Then I also got a can of Deckover textured deck paint to approximate the original surface and waterproof the wood. I painted both sides of the wood for good measure. Thats all drying in the basement now, may put another couple of coats on just to beef it up a bit. Next two days are supposed to be a bit rainy so I might not get much done for a bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

What scraper is this and how does it work?

I've been wanting a scarper plane lately and have been trying to buy from one of the big 2 but they stopped making their scraper planes.

Hock Tools, to soon to tell need to sharpen the blade but had to run to CO to see a family friend who unfortunately has taken a turn for the worse. Will be back next week and I will let you know what I think.

12 hours ago, Immortan D said:

Nice plane!

I wonder, is that plane a substitute for card scrapers? Or it is something completely different?

I think while similar you would not want to get rid of your card scrapers but I'll let you know if that assessment changes

• Like 2