What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, Mick S said:

I recently had to install a hook into one of my ceiling joists using a 3' step ladder I often use as a stool at my bench. I made it safely to the second step before the waves of dizziness kicked in, but I persevered by steadying myself against the joist. It was a stretch, but I knew not to stand on top of the ladder.

I'm happy to report I made it down safely and there was beer in the fridge.

Just make sure that beer isn't until after the "lift" work :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drzaius said:

A couple of years ago I did some fan maintenance in a plant that builds the Twin Otter. The guy there said that if a tool is dropped & dents the aircraft, they have to remove the entire damaged panel & replace it, which can be a very lengthy process. No Bondo.

The FBO that I worked for, right after I graduated from college, had a Twin Otter they maintained.  That thing takes off like an elevator.

2 hours ago, Tom King said:

The FBO that I worked for, right after I graduated from college, had a Twin Otter they maintained.  That thing takes off like an elevator.

They are amazing aircraft. Designed way back in the stone age but are still very popular. Of course, the new ones have modern turboprops all the latest avionics, etc. When De Havilland went under, Viking Air bought the license to make the plane from De Havilland Canada.

I took another look and there was a piece slightly bent. Hammered it flatter and it seems the leak has mostly stopped or at least drastically slowed down. Hopefully it will work, at least until Monday when I can grab my dad's as a backup.

Not sure if I want to spend $15 on parts for a gun that was part of the $199 3 gun/compressor kit or just replace it.

If anything I wish the noisy compressor would break instead.

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

http://www.californiaairtools.com i've heard good things about these, i could use a larger compressor and definitely a quieter one but the one i have just won't die

I love my little one, way quieter then the old PC pancake compressor I had. It wouldn't die so it found a new home :) 

Having said that last weekend as I was carrying it down to the theater for one piece of trim i thought you know it would be really nice to have a cordless trim nailer ^_^