What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

One slight correction on Chestnuts post, specifically this part:  " to use a PVA drywall primer after the first coat or 2nd coat of mud. I think it was Tom that told me that"

Actually not PVA primer but regular primer.  I don't like the way PVA primer sands.  I seal it with some other paint primer, like either Zinser or SW Wall and Wood.  That SW is at the top of the list, but it's Way more expensive than 1-2-3.  I only buy it if I'm going by the SW store anyway and in the middle of a job and not going by a box store.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/premium-wall-wood-primer

You were correct that it prevents the mud underneath from swelling again by putting more on top of it.  I shine a light right across the wall to find any imperfections.

I also don't thin mud out of the bucket and don't stir it with a power drill.  I use a mud masher to shake it up so it doesn't get bubbles in it.  The more water it has in it, the more it shrinks.

https://walltools.com/marshalltown-square-head-mud-masher/?gclid=CjwKCAiAyp-sBhBSEiwAWWzTnnpaPkh-ptd2heXz6ea3hU2hkiDQ5CqNeQ2mcU48OZTiOZ4U_MNUGxoCW6UQAvD_BwE

• Thanks 2

On 1/10/2024 at 9:08 PM, B1rdhunter said:

Sure would like a nice ripe tomato for a bologna sandwich. We had about a foot of snow here also but don't have to worry about snowplows. Hopefully we'll see a maintainer before the next snow on Friday.

I’m sure my health stats crater every time my tomatoes come into season as my favorite meal is a bologna sandwich with fresh tomatoes, lettuce and sandwich spread on white bread! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Coop said:

And I’m bitchin about our forth coming mid 20’s next week! Anyone want a bunch of green tomatoes? :D

Awe man if shipping wasn't an arm and a leg i'd tell you to box them up in some sawdust and planer shavings and send them my way. They'd be nice and ripe by the time they got here.

• Thanks 1

The weather folks are sayin that here in middle Tennessee we're gonna see snow Sunday night and all day Monday, which here means a couple inches, then Monday and Tuesday temps will be in the single digits at night and between 10 and 20 for those two or three days .  Not bad for a Southern state. We've had worse. Not like Iowa though.