What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

6 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I should be mowing the lawn today, but I'm very busy right now pretending we don't have one.

I'm operating under the illusion that the longer the grass is the more drought tolerant it is. So i'm procrastinating on both watering and mowing.

21 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I'm operating under the illusion that the longer the grass is the more drought tolerant it is. So i'm procrastinating on both watering and mowing.

Well youre kinda right on that, cut grass too short and the sun will burn the roots. Since the grass dont grow much when its dry I think you are safe. You do want to be sure the stuff survives the dry spell though.

4 hours ago, Gary Beasley said:

Well youre kinda right on that, cut grass too short and the sun will burn the roots. Since the grass dont grow much when its dry I think you are safe. You do want to be sure the stuff survives the dry spell though.

I am the sprinkler system is running right now. I cut it earlier because there were areas that were too long for me to look the other way any longer. I also recently found that i have a burst pipe in my system and need to fix it....

Speaking of sprinkler systems, last week I had a double driveway and two 50’ sidewalks replaced. Prior to them coming out, I removed all of the sprinkler heads and capped the pvc nipples to keep dirt out. I bought a bundle of red flags on wires and marked each location. The operator of the bobcat removed the flags so he wouldn’t run over them. When I got home from work, all of the forms had been set and my little flags were sitting in a pile. I wish now I hadn’t put the caps in the nipples. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Speaking of sprinkler systems, last week I had a double driveway and two 50’ sidewalks replaced. Prior to them coming out, I removed all of the sprinkler heads and capped the pvc nipples to keep dirt out. I bought a bundle of red flags on wires and marked each location. The operator of the bobcat removed the flags so he wouldn’t run over them. When I got home from work, all of the forms had been set and my little flags were sitting in a pile. I wish now I hadn’t put the caps in the nipples. 

Well that's a bummer...

For you guys not getting any rain, I guess we're getting it all here, every evening with severe thunder storms.  Monday evening we had 3", Tuesday only 1/2", Wednesday 1", and just a little while ago another 1-1/2".

Coop, any metal on those things to be found with a metal detector?

I don't remember if it was last week, or the week before, we were thinking we would need to start feeding the horses hay pretty soon.  We've never had to do that this time of year before.  It made a quick change though, and now grass is so thick, and lush that the horses aren't even drinking any water.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom King said:

For you guys not getting any rain, I guess we're getting it all here, every evening with severe thunder storms.  Monday evening we had 3", Tuesday only 1/2", Wednesday 1", and just a little while ago another 1-1/2".

Coop, any metal on those things to be found with a metal detector?

Good idea but no sir, all pvc.

4 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

Today, I just walked the dogs and packed up my tools and suitcase.  Heading to Marc Adams school tomorrow for a week long joinery class.  Hoping to have a really good time.

I'm envious. Who's teaching it?

On 6/21/2019 at 9:11 PM, Ronn W said:

Today, I just walked the dogs and packed up my tools and suitcase.  Heading to Marc Adams school tomorrow for a week long joinery class.  Hoping to have a really good time.

That's awesome i hope that you have a great time.