What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

The jackshaft housing on the mower deck of my old Murray lawnmower gave up while I was cutting the lawn today. Got it down to the shop and took it apart then went upstairs to look for parts to order. Wife decided we should just buy a new mower. Got to Home Depot looking at a cheaper brand and found a Cub Cadet that was a return for about $400 off.  Took it home, got folks coming over tomorrow to get the old one so they can finish the job of fixing it.

New mower is nice!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chet said:

Was that a Dahl sheep on the road in the second picture.

Yes it was in the needle we had to wait for it to move finally clapped my hands and it walked out so we could get by. When driving a Miata you don’t get to carried away with an animal that has horns even small ones lol. If you look at the third pic there is a baby about a foot tall right under the moms head, pretty cool.

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

Went there for the Volksmarch in 2003, first weekend in June, you hike up the mountain and stand on what will be his arm, snowing like crazy but what an experience it was. Still held every year if you get a chance to go. I recommend the Laughing Water restaurant in the visitor center, and you can bring home some granite, have a couple pieces in the hosta garden. FCB81369-0CA7-45CC-9E8B-078CE228E7DD.thumb.jpeg.224275e1ecc4c78e3700e591798fec8e.jpeg

That would be super cool!

• Like 1

I finished up a sewing machine extension table for my wife. You can buy acrylic ones in various sizes custom made for the machine, but we wanted to try out a size before ordering one. This is 18x24. Finished MDF top, poplar base, and hard maple legs with bolts to adjust the height. After adjusting the height, I put some high traction rubber on the bolt heads to keep it from sliding or marring her desk. 

6823E49C-27CA-41DD-8D3C-4BF3C301FA2A.thumb.jpeg.d3209a4dc6df3647f1aa9312861553ee.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnG said:

I finished up a sewing machine extension table for my wife. You can buy acrylic ones in various sizes custom made for the machine, but we wanted to try out a size before ordering one. This is 18x24. Finished MDF top, poplar base, and hard maple legs with bolts to adjust the height. After adjusting the height, I put some high traction rubber on the bolt heads to keep it from sliding or marring her desk. 

6823E49C-27CA-41DD-8D3C-4BF3C301FA2A.thumb.jpeg.d3209a4dc6df3647f1aa9312861553ee.jpeg

I'm guessing your wife is a quilter.