Coffee table for my nephew

derekcohen

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

That's a lovely table, Derek! Did you consider the option of having the drawer pull out both ways? I've seen magnets used in the center to 'soft lock' the drawer when closed.

Thanks for sharing the constuction details. Tons of useful tidbits for those of us paying attention!

That was my plan at the start of the build. In the end I thought it would be impractical, and have ended with a drawer from one side, and a panel (same as the drawer front) on the other side.

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 1

I hope your nephew appreciates what he’s getting here. Last year I made a coffee table for a friend and he actually selected the very same table design, but after pondering it, I politely declined that design as I just wasn’t confident I could pull it off. I really appreciate seeing your approach to the challenges here.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:14 AM, Chestnut said:

Like the piece is amazing but the finishing touches on the drawer take this from amazing to one step above that. I think the designer of the coffee table you used for inspiration would be jealous.

I agree. I think the construction and finish on this piece exceeds that of the piece which served as inspiration. This would be at home in a FWW magazine spread. 

• Like 2

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    walo47
    Newest Member
    walo47