Hijack!

Llama

16 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Just cleaned around a gallon of fine dust out of the filter on my cyclone. If you haven't cleaned yours in a while it might be time.

Dang am i glad i got this hepa cyclone.

Lol I did mine last fall after 10 years :o

I never noticed any issues or any thing in the little pan at the bottom so I assumed it was ok. I saw a post like yours and thought I should take that outside and blow it off.  I was shocked how much came out of the filter. I could absolutely tell the difference after cleaning it. I should probably go do it again while you have me thinking about it :) 

7 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Lol I did mine last fall after 10 years :o

I never noticed any issues or any thing in the little pan at the bottom so I assumed it was ok. I saw a post like yours and thought I should take that outside and blow it off.  I was shocked how much came out of the filter. I could absolutely tell the difference after cleaning it. I should probably go do it again while you have me thinking about it :) 

Do it now while the weather is nice and the saw dust will break down over the fall an spring.

I acctually noticed a difference with mine and  my system was new only a year ago. I didn't blow mine out i just took the filer off and tapped the sides. Oneida cleaning says to never blow air inside the filter <shrug> but i don't know much about these filters.

28 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Do it now while the weather is nice and the saw dust will break down over the fall an spring.

I acctually noticed a difference with mine and  my system was new only a year ago. I didn't blow mine out i just took the filer off and tapped the sides. Oneida cleaning says to never blow air inside the filter <shrug> but i don't know much about these filters.

Exactly. 

Opps to late I already used compressed air on it last fall. Wonder why that would be an issue? I would think it would be better then trying to knock it off.

23 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Exactly. 

Opps to late I already used compressed air on it last fall. Wonder why that would be an issue? I would think it would be better then trying to knock it off.

Compressed air is fine from the outside just not inside. I reread and it's because it forces the dust particles into the filter material and can well i assume put micro tears in it.

I wasn't super concerned with getting it super clean and honestly the dust didn't seem to want to stick to the filter so flicking the pleats gently with my finger worked really well. Figured if i removed a good portion of the material it's better than trying to hard and damaging it <shrug>. Don't know a whole lot about filter material.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I eyed those as well but i don't use hole saws that often and have bi-metal ones in the sizes i need so far.

I don't either but it seems when I need a 4" hole made, it's $35 to get one at the big box store. And at least I can trust LV quality

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 4:05 AM, lewisc said:

Mix it in a shallow container and you'll reduce the chance of a reaction. I was using a different brand of (thick) epoxy the other day and it was with a fast hardener. The instructions said a 15min working time with a 100g pot. I mixed up that amount but on a piece of ply and it was still workable an hour later.

Thanks @TerryMcK and @lewisc for your advise. All went well, without a hitch. Plenty of time to correct and align/square before it set in. 

1.  Too many variables to comment - Sales, free shipping, choice of shipping.

2.  Depends on the amount.  I've gotten it by freight and UPS

3.  Usually very well.  

I've had good luck with having lumber shipped.  If you look for the deals, I've even gotten lumber shipped to me cheaper than I could buy it local.