Hijack!

Llama

Perhaps the translucent color was airbrushed on the bottom of a glass top. There is a possibility that the center of each layer was cut out to reduce the weight and save on materials. If the origin was a contour map cutting the layers with a CNC would make hollowing out the center of each layer pretty straightforward. Sand & finish the exposed edges & surfaces of each part, bead of glue and a few micropins which would be covered by the next layer. Each piece could be labeled on the bottom to organize the assembly.

It would look incredible in the lobby or conference room of a oceanic business. They could afford a original piece of functional art. Imagine the prank items that could be slipped into the deepest section !

Probably not the right place for this but it is called Hijack after all. I made these over the last couple of days, 30 total, walnut, after the engraved plates go on they will be awards for a golf tournament in Iowa. Its also a good way to make a few bucks doing custom work for a local trophy shop, maybe i can drink some green cool aid someday!IMG-0849.thumb.JPG.3114ddd36c105a4a654d2856920c1e0f.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Probably not the right place for this but it is called Hijack after all. I made these over the last couple of days, 30 total, walnut, after the engraved plates go on they will be awards for a golf tournament in Iowa. Its also a good way to make a few bucks doing custom work for a local trophy shop, maybe i can drink some green cool aid someday!

Nice! Bandsaw or scroll saw? Careful on the green stuff its really addictive :) 

14 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Found a deal on Craig's list for 2 incra gauges for the price of 1. I was looking at the 1000se so i figured the 1000hd would do. Not sure what I'll do with the other but we'll see maybe sell it if i don't use it.

I'd like to have a second one for my router table but, just couldn't justify the cost..  It's a nice gauge!  Maybe it would work well there for you?

4 hours ago, Chestnut said:

This bird is driving me nuts. It keeps flying up and down the window hitting it with it's wings and beak. It's almost like it's offended by it's reflection and is attacking it's self. I've tried catching it but it flies away before i can get close.

At my house they just fly into the window...and well its all she wrote. Happens about twice a month all summer long

4 hours ago, Mick S said:

Try covering the window with something non-reflective temporarily.

It does it at every window. So I'd have like 20 to cover.

3 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Or put a mirror nearby out in the yard to lure it away from your window ! <grin>

With my luck it'd just go back and forth between them.

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

At my house they just fly into the window...and well its all she wrote. Happens about twice a month all summer long

Part of me wants it to take a good run and be done with this. I'm afraid this bird might not be smart enough to make it very long

We've had that trouble with Cardinals, and windows, as well as mirrors on vehicles, and tractors.   Pam bought some of this tape.   I put it on with clean release duct tape, and when the bird moved on, it all came off cleanly.  I didn't want to learn that the adhesive on the bird tape needed mechanical removal, but it might be okay.

https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Blinder-Original-Repellent-Deterrent/dp/B012E6ASU4/ref=asc_df_B012E6ASU4/?tag=hyprod-20&amp;linkCode=df0&amp;hvadid=167143095066&amp;hvpos=1o2&amp;hvnetw=g&amp;hvrand=2466010521118929451&amp;hvpone=&amp;hvptwo=&amp;hvqmt=&amp;hvdev=c&amp;hvdvcmdl=&amp;hvlocint=&amp;hvlocphy=9009780&amp;hvtargid=pla-312809624838&amp;psc=1

On 6/29/2018 at 8:45 PM, Chestnut said:

Found a deal on Craig's list for 2 incra gauges for the price of 1. I was looking at the 1000se so i figured the 1000hd would do. Not sure what I'll do with the other but we'll see maybe sell it if i don't use it.

That's awesome. I bought the 5000 last month and love it.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:56 AM, lewisc said:

There’s been a few threads on epoxy tables in the last week. Came across this one today. Not so much woodworking for me but a piece of art. 

B75691A1-8D48-468A-93D4-F665CD870EFA.jpeg

I found the source, duffylondon.com , $28,000 apiece 25 limited edition pieces will be made. 59"x 29"x 15 3/4 high. Ply and glass.  8 to12 week lead time. The entire clear/blue section is solid layers of glass. That thing has to weigh a ton ! They also offer a few other versions in a similar style plus other "artistic furniture " & wall art.

1 minute ago, Chestnut said:

YEAH!

I had to try them too so many people can't shut up about these things...

I get it now .... holy batman are these things nice.

Yea, just so much adjustability really makes them a great choice..  Enjoy them!

8 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I found the source, duffylondon.com , $28,000 apiece 25 limited edition pieces will be made. 59"x 29"x 15 3/4 high. Ply and glass.  8 to12 week lead time. The entire clear/blue section is solid layers of glass. That thing has to weigh a ton ! They also offer a few other versions in a similar style plus other "artistic furniture " & wall art.

Steve, I just checked out the website. Some interesting pieces. 

You've made an mistake with the price though. It's £48 000!!! https://duffylondon.com/product/tables/kraken-abyss-table/

AUD $85 000 or US $63 000. An absolute bargain.

They've got this swinging chair table which looks interesting but I can't help but think it would be a major PITA to use.

Swing-Table_Carousel-Page05-1024x576.jpg