Hijack!

Llama

Corn bread needs to be moist,tender, hot and slathered in butter. It's one of those things that if it's done properly and served accompanying a homestyle meal can be wonderful. 100% cornmeal isn't the best in my opinion. Try some like that and if you still don't like it then there will be more for the rest of us !

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 7:25 PM, lewisc said:

Steve, I just checked out the website. Some interesting pieces. 

You've made an mistake with the price though. It's £48 000!!! https://duffylondon.com/product/tables/kraken-abyss-table/

AUD $85 000 or US $63 000. An absolute bargain.

They've got this swinging chair table which looks interesting but I can't help but think it would be a major PITA to use.

Swing-Table_Carousel-Page05-1024x576.jpg

Reminds me of the questionable practicality of the "pedal tour" mobile bars I see around Nashville. Seems like serving booze to your motive power would result in a lot of tours that stall about 3/4 of the way through.

• Haha 1

By practice do you mean different sources of meat, seasonings/rubs, temp, cooking time? What is your criteria for buying a brisket. And what does the 509 stand for? If you answer all of these correctly, good luck on the contest:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

" 509 crew" ? 409 is a cleaner, what does 509 have to do with barbecue ?

Don't know... but 805 is a great beer brewed in California. If you ever get the chance, do yourself a favor and try it.

4 hours ago, K Cooper said:

By practice do you mean different sources of meat, seasonings/rubs, temp, cooking time? What is your criteria for buying a brisket. And what does the 509 stand for? If you answer all of these correctly, good luck on the contest:rolleyes:

Really just seasonings and times.  If you turn in one second late it scores a zero.  

Look for a flexible brisket with great marbeling.  The Wagyu are wonderful but oh so expensive.  This was a Prime from CostCo.  It came out good.  I cook to feel rather than temp and this one probed like butter.  Pics will follow.

Thanks for the well-wishes.  

8 hours ago, Klappco said:

Here is the product. Was served with smoked beans containing brisket pieces, potato salad, coleslaw, and corn bread. 

This is is the slices and some burnt ends. 

F5597D81-13CD-4A82-98B1-0433F362B7C5.jpeg

Ok now you're just being mean...OMG that looks good!!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Klappco said:

Here is the product. Was served with smoked beans containing brisket pieces, potato salad, coleslaw, and corn bread. 

This is is the slices and some burnt ends. 

My mouth immediately started watering when the image came up.

As a public service, I did not copy the image.

• Thanks 1