Hijack!

Llama

Design is so crucial. Unusual details can eat up so much time. A simple design makes the build so much  better.

Get at least 2x the materials plus the cost of the desired tool at a minimum. You know that sandpaper, glue, dowels/dominos and all those other shop consumables add up so fast. 

Any of y’all wearing a QALO ring?

I’ve been wearing one for the last year and a half. About a month ago it developed a small tear. It split almost all the way today. 

I’m impressed with the comfort compared to a metal one. Much nicer to wear when picking things up, grabbing hold of things and working with tools. Ordered another today. 

701B3793-3952-4298-9C6C-4AC78DE5BB39.jpeg

29 minutes ago, lewisc said:

Any of y’all wearing a QALO ring?

I’ve been wearing one for the last year and a half. About a month ago it developed a small tear. It split almost all the way today. 

I’m impressed with the comfort compared to a metal one. Much nicer to wear when picking things up, grabbing hold of things and working with tools. Ordered another today. 

I wore one for about a week but my wife was like what the heck is that...my wedding ring she's like yeah no. That was 3 years ago and I haven't worn a ring since and she hasn't said a word ;)

• Confused 1

I’ve been wearing an Enso silicone ring for about a year, they are guaranteed forever, many different styles to choose from. I have my original metal band but I haven’t worn it for 40 years and now will not fit. I was with an ambulance crew for 30 years and had to use our special ring cutter twice to cut metal rings off when people had their hands smashed. No metal rings for me. 

• Like 2

I wore Qalo for a while but water gets trapped under the ring and starts to stink. Drives me nuts. I basically only wear my rings in public. They come off as soon as I go to the bathroom when getting home, just leave it on the sink and grab it the next morning before work. 

I plan on putting the little fish guys in a bucket of original water and retaining several gallons of water for the transfer. The water Lillie’s will survive. After all is leveled, I’ll add some new city water with decloranation drops and merge them together. 

• Like 1

I bought this tank in an antique town in the hill country about 20 years ago because it looked old. I strapped it to the top of my Suburban and looked like the Beverly Hillbillies driving back to Houston. Thanks have a rubber liner in it but the sides are starting to cave in so thought it was time for a new one.

• 3 weeks later...