wdwerker

Arched bookcases and Fireplace surround w mantle.

Your work always amazes me Steve!  Simply awesome!

Yes as Kev said your work is worth the watch.

Don't stop teaching us Steve. We love it, you give us plenty of room to learn.

I have been looking forward to seeing your work again. A arched bookcase is something I like to do this summer.  Thanks

Awesome!!!   If you'd like to borrow my compass plane, I'll sharpen it up, and send it to you.   It's a NOS Record, and works like a charm.

Thanks for the offer Tom, but I've got a Stanley compass plane that works fine. I'm planning on segmenting the arches and template routing them after cutting rough with the saber saw.  Just using poplar cause it's getting painted. 

I draw most odd or complex pieces full sized.  Usually just work from sketches and plenty of math for everyday straight projects. Now that I've figured out how to draw the arches I will just repeat it on some 1/2" MDF to make my templates.

• Like 2

This has my attention. I will enjoy the ride. To make full size drawings of a large piece means to me you have a very large shop?

YAY Trade wars, I'm so excited :angry:

On a more happy not i'm excited for this build. Steve your project journals are always entertaining.

The import plywood issue lawsuit was an industry thing before the current administration. I just wanted to let everyone know before they went into sticker shock the next time they buy plywood.  Your probably not going to see oversized sheets at a home center . Most particleboard, melamine & MDF comes in 49 x97 or 61x 97.  61x 145 sheets too, those suckers are hell to move even with 2 guys.

Good to know about the ply. I’ll have to check my dealer and see if they were effected.

This project is going awesome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome project Steve...and good talking to you the other day!

The bendy plywood looks like the flat plywood at my local Lowes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did the “OLD” piece cost less? 

If you need any help or advice on this project Steve, just pm me and we’ll keep it between the two of us;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1