Chet

..Kev

55 minutes ago, RichardA said:

What happened to Maggie?

The third toe on her left foot was misaligned due to an old injury. At the time she hurt it the vet thought she'd sprained her ankle jumping off the bed, but apparently it was a broken toe. From then on, the claw on that toe grew to the left rather than down, and about 3 times as fast as the others (maybe because it wasn't getting worn down by hitting the ground). The claw would catch on bushes or whatever and she repeatedly re-injured it. For the past month she's been unable to put any weight on it and after lots of x-rays, meds and epsom salt soaks it was no better. They finally decided that the bone around the claw has disintegrated to the point that it was best to remove the toe completely. That was Thursday. She's already putting a little pressure on it but for the moment seems happy to let me bring her breakfast in bed.

31 minutes ago, Tom King said:

Any news?  I expect they would have had to wait for swelling to go down before they could operate, but that's just a guess.

He's home as far as I know.  I'm sure he's show up here as he feels a bit better.

• Like 1