Chet

..Kev

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

Read all you want, but start making plans for the next project, that's what we're about, the next project.  I'm glad you're back on your foot.

I was in the midst of a quick project for my daughter and had plans for a project that I have been putting off for years until I found a design I was happy with.  It will be a real personal project.

You think your hands are critical, but it's amazing how much you use your feet.

I broke my right foot years ago and was on crutches just for a couple of weeks, but it was a super PITA.  In those days my wife left for work before me.  There was no way to carry a plate or a cup of coffee to the table so I used to pull a chair over to the dishwasher and have breakfast on the dishwasher door.  

Then there was learning to drive left footed.

And stairs, forget about 'em.  After falling twice in the first four tries I would just sit on the steps and slide down on my butt.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

FYI- recent studies have shown that using acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin) together is more effective than using opioids in reducing pain.

This is actually what they were doing in the hospital, other then when they first admitted when  they gave me a small dose of morphine. 

54 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Order Marc's new Joinery book today before the pre-order ends so you can read that and watch a new Guild video.

I had already ordered it before this happened and I really hope I am in a walking cast by the time the book arrives.

The wife is just back on her feet after a broken ankle adventure.  I can't stress enough to keep that sucker elevated and do all the therapy that they give to do.  SWMBO recovered ahead of schedule and is walking all but normally, again, ahead of schedule.  When the doctor commented on her rapid recovery she said "all I did - is do what you told me to".  Lesson learned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wdwerker said:

And by all means take all the rehab exercises/visits possible. 

I got PT from a cute therapist who seemed to enjoy torture but she was sweet about it. 6 months later they did the other hip and I requested her specifically.

Red Head?