How is Covid19 affecting you?

TerryMcK

21 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

...Someone has to manually remove the debris.... that person is generally really grumpy. the swiffer mop pads are the worst offenders. The few guys I've talked to said you'd also be shocked at how much cash gets flushed, just don't tell your bank teller where you found that soggy bill....

ahh heck no never gonna happen LOL

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

As in you had to be rich to afford it?

The stuff gets wrapped around the blades/impellers of the sewage pumps and can lock them up tight. Someone has to manually remove the debris.... that person is generally really grumpy. the swiffer mop pads are the worst offenders. The few guys I've talked to said you'd also be shocked at how much cash gets flushed, just don't tell your bank teller where you found that soggy bill....

We have a boat with a head (that's a toilet, to you landlubbers) with an electric macerator.  My son was too lazy to look for a new roll so he decided to use paper towels.  For a visual, imagine the look on my face when he came out of the head holding a roll of paper towels.  I knew exactly what he did.

So yes, I was one of those grumpy guys.  It was actually a quick repair, but it was exactly what 'nut said  - mashed up paper towels were just wrapped around the impeller and mucked up the whole thing.

8 hours ago, Chestnut said:

The few guys I've talked to said you'd also be shocked at how much cash gets flushed, just don't tell your bank teller where you found that soggy bill....

Here is an interesting report about some place in Switzerland passing 95 lb. of gold per year through the sewer system.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/10/11/news/gold-switzerland-water-sewage-waste/index.html

Turns out, that wasn't just corn ...

19 minutes ago, legenddc said:

Well damn, Virginia just announced a stay-at-home order until June 10th. That's 72 days. 

Yep, just saw that. There’s a good chance that my wife and I, and our kids, won’t have a chance to see our friends again before we move this summer. That’s a bummer.  

RichardA - It is better. We've been isolating as much as possible anyway. Only going out to get food when we run out of milk.

JohnG - Similar situation here. My daughter might be done with daycare. She was supposed to finish at the end of June but we'll see now.

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

@legenddc Yep, our preschool/daycare for our older one follows the public school system, so they're shut down for the rest of the year. No word yet on payments for the remaining months.

Ours isn’t charging us thankfully. Assuming jobs stay the same it may fund some new tools and wood for furniture. 

• Like 1

As I've been telling people I work with, this is a dynamic situation and subject to change from week to week. We don't know what we don't know, and that's a lot, it seems.

Meanwhile, I discovered this little humorous take on it from the BRCC folks (no I'm not affiliated, just thought it was funny):

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, Mick S said:

IMG_1362.thumb.jpeg.d0b2ad2303cc52d408745f18441a5fd7.jpeg

Sounds like I may need to do a YouTube video on this. I may even draw it up and do a production run on the CNC.

On a slightly more serious note, I ordered a PantoRouter today. Should be here Thursday. Something else to keep me busy! I'll do a review once I have it up and running.

• Like 1