How is Covid19 affecting you?

TerryMcK

Just before all this Covid stuff we did respirator mask fitting for those of us who do accident investigations. There was an N-95 laying around afterward they used for a demo and since I work wood I asked what they were going to do with it. Get rid of it, they said. It's home, brand new, and wow don't I feel rich!  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Just before all this Covid stuff we did respirator mask fitting for those of us who do accident investigations. There was an N-95 laying around afterward they used for a demo and since I work wood I asked what they were going to do with it. Get rid of it, they said. It's home, brand new, and wow don't I feel rich!  :)

Be careful advertising it.  Trump will send a task force to get it for some  health care provider.

• Haha 2

I would like to echo Drew, but I can't. Too much evidence of this thing being significantly tougher to deal with than any flu we've seen in the USA for over a hundred years. I suspect that even if we all, and I mean ALL took a 3 week break from everyone else, it would still linger enough to flare up again.

Stay safe and well, everyone.

Our son, bless his heart, has always been a Boy Scout. When he first heard of the China crap, he ordered 2 dozen face mask and brought us some. I took one today and felt like a woose wearing it and went to the local grocery. Low and behold, there were others like me and also milk, bread and toilet paper on the shelves as well as apparently a bunch of other stuff as I spent almost $200. Ghirardelli Brownies are expensive. 

• Like 2

The UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is in intensive care but not on a ventilator - just being administered oxygen and not sedated. This was his second night. We wish him well and all the other people around the world also in ICUs suffering from this terrible disease.

We are in our third week of lock down. We are allowed out to exercise, to buy provisions and for those who have to go into work like emergency workers/food producers. Kids are off school but I get the feeling youngsters think that it is nothing to do with them and are still walking around in groups despite there being a ban on it. Social media is to blame for that and also some crazy conspiracy theories about 5G masts/antennas either spreading the virus or weakening immunity systems - totally unfounded! There have been a few masts in England that have been burnt down by the crazies.

Stay safe everybody

• Like 1

Today, we start our 5th week of isolation.  No one told us to do it.  The worst part is only that I'm getting a bit tired of frozen food.  Pam is putting in quite a garden this time, so hopefully, we will get by on frozen until we start getting fresh stuff.

All my Scientist friends started a couple of weeks before we did, and are still self-isolating. 

We leave packages on the screened porch for a couple of days, before opening them.

I do go out to the John Deere dealer, but I don't go in, and they put the parts, that I ordered over the phone, in the back of the truck, so I don't get close to anyone.

It hasn't been so bad at all, for us.

• Like 2

^^The garden is in process here. Bigger plans than normal. I can get out and bird, which is my hobby of choice during migratory periods. No great loss for me. Not sure who I might choose to help if unemployment in the services sector lasts very long. 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, legenddc said:

That certainly is a bummer. They know you two have been in contact right? Is she at least able to FaceTime you while she's there?

Sorry for the late answer on this. She can FaceTime at the very very end of appointments, but not during the actual ultrasound due to Cleveland Clinic rules. 

Masks are becoming the norm here in Ontario, and we have been told that we should not go out without one now.

Everything is still closed, except for essential services. Even that list has shrunk significantly since this began.

I can't get any dates for pick up of groceries, and it has been recommended that people who are healthy should leave those spots for others. I shop once per week to get essentials, but otherwise I'm not going anywhere. I have been working from home for two weeks now.