How is Covid19 affecting you?

TerryMcK

3 minutes ago, Mick S said:

Sounds like I may need to do a YouTube video on this. I may even draw it up and do a production run on the CNC.

On a slightly more serious note, I ordered a PantoRouter today. Should be here Thursday. Something else to keep me busy! I'll do a review once I have it up and running.

Every review of the pantorouter has been a good one.  I wish you luck, and looking forward to your thoughts on it. I have a better feeling getting a review from someone I respect.

3 hours ago, legenddc said:

RichardA - It is better. We've been isolating as much as possible anyway. Only going out to get food when we run out of milk.

JohnG - Similar situation here. My daughter might be done with daycare. She was supposed to finish at the end of June but we'll see now.

Consider powered milk, your travel time will be cut way back.

3 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

As I've been telling people I work with, this is a dynamic situation and subject to change from week to week. We don't know what we don't know, and that's a lot, it seems.

Meanwhile, I discovered this little humorous take on it from the BRCC folks (no I'm not affiliated, just thought it was funny):

I sent this to my son. He said that a lot of the guys in the video are ex special forces including Mat.

We passed three weeks of doing that yesterday.  All my Scientist friends have been doing the same.   That doesn't include visiting my Mother outside of her Assisted Living place, but we don't get near (way past 6 feet) anyone else.

We are going outside here, and I'm working in the shops,  but we're not close to any other people.

Talked to my neighbor yesterday who runs a landscaping business. He wants to shut down and make sure his employees have money for food but since landscaping and construction are somehow considered essential he knows his guys will just go find other jobs. Crazy times.

We've been mostly isolated for going on 3 weeks now. I think my wife made one trip to the store; we've been outside to exercise (run/bike) but avoiding others.  The last time I biked I saw a lot of couples out walking (isolating themselves from all others) and many lone bikers; but did see various construction crews still working.

Locally, the police have gotten a little busier (from what I've read) trying to break up groups of people trying to use the local parks and fields.  Overall though here in the 'burbs things are pretty similar to what we get when we have a good snowstorm.  I'm working from home and the kids are doing remote classes/schoolwork, so we're keeping somewhat busy.  In fact, I've not even set foot in my shop since I started the work from home routine - typically I'm in the basement office around 8, and aside from food and bathroom breaks it's 6pm before I even know it.

On 3/30/2020 at 5:49 PM, Mick S said:

On a slightly more serious note, I ordered a PantoRouter today. Should be here Thursday. Something else to keep me busy! I'll do a review once I have it up and running.

I've always been curious about that tool and how it works. Please share i think it'd be very interesting.

7 hours ago, JohnG said:

+1 for a review of the PantoRouter. I've always wanted one, but have wondered if my workflow and projects could really take advantage of it or if the learning and setup time would keep me from using it.

I've been watching all the YouTube videos and looking at projects. It's really a pretty simple tool - 2:1 reduction of the template to the tool. It looks really well thought out in terms of setup and use, but then again what has Matthias Wandell ever made that wasn't? It's just very clever execution. I think with it and my access to a CNCs to make custom templates - should be a dream.

1 hour ago, Mick S said:

It looks really well thought out in terms of setup and use, but then again what has Matthias Wandell ever made that wasn't?

Did he actually invent the thing, or just make it popular on YT? I recall when some guy living in Japan(?) asked his permission to manufacture them from metal parts.

49 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Did he actually invent the thing, or just make it popular on YT? I recall when some guy living in Japan(?) asked his permission to manufacture them from metal parts.

I'm not certain, but I believe Matthias invented it as a wooden tool and the guy in Japan bought the rights to manufacture it in aluminum.