What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Thanks everyone.

While she was at her appointment, she sent me a picture from the doctor's office.  Of course, it was a detailed image and description of....

Knee replacement and knee osteoarthritis.  I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, and a replacement is in my future.  I'm trying to wait as long as I can, as knee replacements can wear out after 20 years or so, and I don't want to have to do it again when I'm 70, but we will see how long I can last.  I'll be talking with my doctor more about it later this month.

2 hours ago, DerekMPBS said:

Thanks everyone.

While she was at her appointment, she sent me a picture from the doctor's office.  Of course, it was a detailed image and description of....

Knee replacement and knee osteoarthritis.  I have osteoarthritis in my left knee, and a replacement is in my future.  I'm trying to wait as long as I can, as knee replacements can wear out after 20 years or so, and I don't want to have to do it again when I'm 70, but we will see how long I can last.  I'll be talking with my doctor more about it later this month.

My spine is riddled with osteo, I've had two and prepping for a third back surgery to drill and scrape off the arthritis that grows and pinches nerves where they pass through the spine.   It ain't fun.  I'm glad Mama is doing good.

• Sad 2

Woodworking related?  Well the Art Institute does have a collection of furniture, but as I recall it is spread throughout the museum.  They are open till 8 pm tonight.  

https://www.artic.edu/collection?q=furniture&is_on_view=1  (Be sure to be filtering for "on view".)

If I think of something else in short order I will post again.  

• Like 1

Good ideas i might do the tower tomorrow with Megan. Tonight i went for a drive to see if i could get lost. I succeeded. Now i need gas and haven't seen a station in a long time.

DSC_2387-01.thumb.jpeg.7bd27684a29d0a083f39f41727f26e4f.jpeg

There any good shops or exotic lumber yards worth visiting that isn't woodcraft?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark J said:

Shame to see those Exposition beams left behind. 

We were done with our part Friday, they were already starting to sand blast the paint off of the forrest of supports, very loud and dirty.

7 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Sounds like hard work but I bet it was interesting

It was Coop, the word was that some of the beams were so big that they were brought up the Mississippi on a barge from St.Louis

• Like 1

Started sharpening chisels and plane blades for my next project but a different honey-do came along and it’s all still sitting out on my bench. Now the shop is cold and I’ll just wait for tomorrow afternoon or whenever I get back around to it.

Got the router table on the TS and a drawer underneath. I reckon I’ll need to put legs on that side; it’s not tipping but it’s heavy on the right. I have a bit of angle iron or oak I can use for it. But I need to sharpen hand tools first. 

18 hours ago, pkinneb said:

As noted by chestnut we’ve been getting a workout this winter

I raked the roof and then had to move snow further into the yard.... I'm going to get some other parts of the roof to head off any possible issues from the inch of rain we're supposed to get.... it's gonna make a flipping mess.

2019-03-10.thumb.jpg.723de95cfb1eb3d562d0bc857d175093.jpg

That shrub got a slight trim from the snow blower......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I raked the roof and then had to move snow further into the yard.... I'm going to get some other parts of the roof to head off any possible issues from the inch of rain we're supposed to get.... it's gonna make a flipping mess.

2019-03-10.thumb.jpg.723de95cfb1eb3d562d0bc857d175093.jpg

That shrub got a slight trim from the snow blower......

Don't hit the Jag lol

• Like 1