What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

56 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I would want the snow blower you ride, like pkinneb. ;)

His is really nice. The only downside to the riders is snow blowing can get cold. Trying to manhandle a smaller one line mine around keeps you warm :D. Kinda like how splitting wood keeps ya warm twice. Once on the splitting once on the burning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, K Cooper said:

First, ashamed to say that I didn’t know there was a Frisco, TX. But glad you had a great time. Dude’s a legend! 

Just north of Plano. Home base for the Cowboys. The concert was in their "practice" facility which is bigger and nicer than most arenas I've been in.

Used to be a railroad out of Frisco too.  There's a museum there that has a Big Boy on display.

During the time that I went there, the college I attended was the Summer home of the Cowboys.  Growing up I thought I was a fan of them.  Then I stayed the Summer between junior and senior year and got to know some of them.  There was some nice ones - Tom Landry, Too Tall, Ed Martin, Tony Dorsett.  Some less nice, mostly the ones that didn't have as big a name.

Just reread that and realized it reads like the college I went to was in Frisco, TX.  It is actually in Thousand Oaks, CA.

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Got some new supplies. I'm going to travel down this veneering road. I have to thank @Ronn W for helping me get started. He makes a good teacher. Thanks. Just hope i can turn out something that is passable.

2019-03-12.thumb.jpg.edca21554b104f3cb76be420271410cd.jpg

WTH Ronn did a class and you guys didn't invite me LOL

7 hours ago, RichardA said:

I made the mistake of going over to visit Spanky.  The mistake was, I had some money in my pocket and an idea for a project in the next couple of months.   And I drove away with 100 bd ft of Cherry.  I guess that will force me to do the project, call it kind of a tweak or nudge.  I wound up with 16 4/4 boards  around 7" wide and 8' or 9' ft long.  And 1 board of 6/4 about 13" wide and 7 ft long.  That's what happens when you have a nice guy selling wood.

Rickey’s gonna be pissed when he gets home and finds it missing :(

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Got some new supplies. I'm going to travel down this veneering road. I have to thank @Ronn W for helping me get started. He makes a good teacher. Thanks. Just hope i can turn out something that is passable.

2019-03-12.thumb.jpg.edca21554b104f3cb76be420271410cd.jpg

I’d like to travel that road to someday so I’ll follow and you be my elementary teacher.