What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

Just spent a very enjoyable few hours with @Ronn W when he stopped by on his way to Marc Adams woodworking school in Indiana. A great bowl of chili and some homemade sourdough bread with cupcakes for desert. Lots of great conversation covering all topics but mostly woodworking, thanks for coming by Ronn it was a great time and good to see you again. 67B21CE5-2F3F-4EB1-B34C-37C4917EB3C7.thumb.jpeg.606640ffcfa3046cc0253b097eed289d.jpeg

Hey, I know you guys, didn't we go to different schools together?

• Haha 2

I wish it was even close to on the way.  

I'm going to the Ohio Valley Woodturning symposium Oct 18-20 in south east Indiana, then on the way back I'm going to Marc Adams just outside Indianapolis from Oct 21-25.  I'm taking a turning class with Rudy Lopez.

What's @Ronn W going to be learning?

39 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Ronn also came bearing this beautiful piece that now has a permanent place on our kitchen table, a wonderful example of his skill as a woodworker and veneer skills, Thanks again Ronn!

Ronn's veneer silks are impressive. I'm glad i was able to get a crash course from him. Looks like a great addition to your kitchen.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 9:32 AM, Chestnut said:

Oh I'd love to have another bandsaw. I was changing from 1 ripping blade to another. I've working with some large kinda nasty material and i don't want to damage a $150 resawing blade. I really want to get a larger saw but my shop location is quite limiting on that front.

I might be getting a fourth one, if I can work out getting it picked up.  I already have one of these, that I keep a 3/16" blade on, but have wanted one with a Carter stabilizer, and tiny blade.  This is the same model as one of the 10" Rikons, without all the fancy accessories of the top end 10".

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/tls/d/winterville-10-inch-bandsaw/6993785659.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom King said:

This is the same model as one of the 10" Rikons, without all the fancy accessories of the top end 10".

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/tls/d/winterville-10-inch-bandsaw/6993785659.html

+1 that the Craftsman 10” is the exact same as the Rikon 10-305. I have the Rikon and have used the Craftsman in my friend’s shop. 
Rikon now offers the 10-306 10” which has 2 speeds and a few other features not on the 10-305.

What do you guys from Minnesota know about carne asada? Apparently a bunch! Dang! Seriously though, what cut of meat do you buy that as? 

15 minutes ago, Mick S said:

Alison and I took our dog with us on a drive up toward Chama and the Brazos Cliffs, stopping in Taos for some pizza. We were about a week early for peak color, but saw plenty anyway.

IMG_09751.thumb.jpeg.945a85586b812bd88aac638225657401.jpeg

Beautiful pic!