What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Yes, I have no idea what it's really worth.  That was the first offer, and sounded good to me.   I'm thinking of making two Gazebo's.  One a formal one, and one a rustic one, both on wheels, that I can pull down there to the end of the point as required.  I'll build a building to keep them in when they're not being used, so there shouldn't be a lot of upkeep.

Also, there is plenty of room for the big, white tents.  The place I rented the mini-excavator from rents those too.  I've been talking to him about permanent sockets for the poles, and anchor points that don't require driving stakes.  He's all for it, and will pay me a good fee for each referral, plus they come to put the tents up, and take them down.

There is a nice Lions Club building, not too far from here, that rents for Receptions all the time.

Looks like I'm in the wedding planning business now.  The ladies that looked at the place before we cleaned it up are going to freak now.  I've had a crew working on it for several days, and it's looking like a different place.  We also limbed up all the trees, so the view is pretty spectacular now from anywhere on the point.

• Like 1

Scale material? Yep. This is gonna be a good learning curve. Is that the handle material?

edit. Just googled that one. Not sure yet. I’ll probably find a nice figured hardwood for now. 

I bought some 1075 steel. Apparently this was a good place to start for beginners. I found this website to buy the steel from and they also have a page of a knife makers designs. All you need to do it print them out and the sizing is good to go. 

https://tharwavalleyforge.com/articles/free-knife-designs

• Like 2

9 hours ago, treeslayer said:

Looks great Mark, that looks like a monster spinning on there. sell the shavings for guinea pig bedding to buy more wood !

Was hoping to add to it today, but no go.  Our club demonstrates wood turning at the  SOFA show in Chicago and I was one of the demonstrators.  Nothing special,  just a simple bowl, but it was an all day affair.

Well after taking my only router out of the table, I decided it was time for another router. I've bought some stuff from Direct Tools before and had gotten an email with the Ridgid trim router (used) for only $42. I wish I knew what accessories it comes with but I figure the worst that happens is I return it and I'm out a few bucks.

• Like 1