What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

Speaking of router tables, I finally got my 4” x 2 1/2” tee installed so I have dust collection from two areas. Got the tee from Rockler and it fit a PVC elbow I had laying around, albeit with duct tape :) it works, that’s the main thing. My shop ain’t purty but it functions :) 

i also bought some brass rod. I plan on making a longer tool support for my lathe and although the main body will be made of wood, the part where the tool rests will be 1/4” brass. 
i bought some 3/16” brass rod for the edge of the veneer hammer I’m fixin to make soon. I’m cheap, so I don’t have a vacuum press. But Tage says you can “veneer the world” with a hammer so I’m gonna try :) 

• Like 1

Only went with Ridgid because it was so cheap. Sick of stalking craigslist and facebook marketplace for a used palm router. I have a Bosch with fixed base and plunge that's in my router table. Eventually I'll up with a bigger motor in the router table and I'm sure a million other routers.

1 hour ago, legenddc said:

Only went with Ridgid because it was so cheap. Sick of stalking craigslist and facebook marketplace for a used palm router. I have a Bosch with fixed base and plunge that's in my router table. Eventually I'll up with a bigger motor in the router table and I'm sure a million other routers.

I have one of those Ridgid trim routers. I bought it based on Mike Pekovich's review of it on FWW's ShopTalk Live. I love it. Easy to use, easy to adjust and it has a light.

I have only good things to say about Ridgid tools, I have quite a few of them. 

I have their 18v cordless trim router and have worked it pretty hard (at least for a low volume hobby woodworker). For a good while it was the only router I had. I’ve heard many good reviews of their corded trim router. 

15 hours ago, JohnG said:

I have only good things to say about Ridgid tools, I have quite a few of them. I

I only have one, the 4512 table saw. For the money it’s the best deal out there in my ever so humble opinion :) 

Growing up, my Dad worked in a plumbing shop and they had tons of old Ridgid machines. I used to thread pipe on one as I recall. They were good then and somehow still seem to be good.

It would have been better to take a pic of the entire thing in one pic but there is a small train station building that they parked beside that prevented a single pic. Last nights news showed a video of it coming into town and that guy is massive. 

17 minutes ago, Mark J said:

You're probably not supposed to do this.  There's probably a good reason you're not supposed to.  It's probably written down somewhere I was supposed to read.  But I needed a 5/64" hole and the big chuck only goes down to 1/8".

Probably better than wrapping it in tape until the chuck can hold it, like I have done.  :blink:

• Haha 1