What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

That’s great Paul I’m sure it will be a tremendous learning experience and a lot of fun. always good to add to the skill set of what can be done with wood 

27 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It's a great experience.  

Yeah I took the "Case on Stand" class a couple years ago and it was an intense week but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to diving further into this subject matter

I actually made some sawdust, more of the self-trained kind of guy (jealous much? lol). Made a few mistakes along the way, as usual, but I somehow make the work in the long run. My wife married me knowing I'm not perfect so at least I don't have THAT expectation to meet!

We don't have classes nearby here in the "Inland Empire" so I live vicariously through y'all who do :)

On 12/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, Mark J said:

There are more turning classes at Marc Adams, but I am really tempted to sign up for glass blowing and neon sign making.  

Oh lord, I can't have one more hobby but that sounds like a blast!

22 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Another long version of In A Gada Da Vida! Sure brings back memories, to the best of my memory. 

That came out in ‘68 as I recall. I actually listened to the B side of that album and thought that was good stuff too :) 

7 hours ago, drzaius said:

For some reason, my memories of that song all have huge gaps in them.

Must be the drum solo part *shrug*

On 12/21/2019 at 5:09 PM, Chip Sawdust said:

We don't have classes nearby here in the "Inland Empire" so I live vicariously through y'all who do :)

We lived in the “Inland Empire” for a few years. Driving East from there I always chucked at the highway signs for “Other desert cities”. 
It’s just a day’s drive up to the Krenov school though! :P

• Like 1