My final gift to my wife, and my final post of this thread.

RichardA

15 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Woodworker's are a great bunch. I'm glad you feel strong enough to share your project and your pain with us. 

I cried through the whole damn thing.

Just now, K Cooper said:

See you in Amana this spring after the snow melts, hopefully. I will be bringing some long underwear this time, red heads or not. ;)

Yeah you will.

Rick my hat's off to you sir not sure I could have done that project but what a beautiful job!! There are some amazing people in this world it sounds like you were married to one of them and we all have the pleasure of interacting with several others who like you are a part of this community. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this difficult time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Richard, my heart goes out to you. That's something that I just can't imagine having to go through.

I've built 5 caskets; for my mom, dad, 2 sisters and a 2 1/2 month old grandson. All 5 were built with siblings, nephews, nieces and a granddaughter. It's a great way to mourn and to celebrate the life of a loved one. Take care.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your final gift to her is a fitting and loving tribute.  I will not forget her warm hospitality the one time I met her at your house.  She was, indeed a special person. Please know that sll our thoughts are with you.

• Like 1

Rick,  that was a fantastic job and gift.  I don't know that I would have had the stamina, courage and presence of mind to do the same were my circumstances similar.  I am sitting in the doctor's waiting room and I literally can't stop the tears.

• Like 1

Rick, I’m glad to see you posted the pictures of your beautiful work, I’m with the other folks here I don’t know how you did it, you are one strong guy, I only talked to Linda once or twice and sorry to say I never met her, a wonderful lady for sure and resting in a beautiful spot on that mountain, you are an example of strength and love for the rest of us. Stay strong my friend 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

Rick, I’m glad to see you posted the pictures of your beautiful work, I’m with the other folks here I don’t know how you did it, you are one strong guy, I only talked to Linda once or twice and sorry to say I never met her, a wonderful lady for sure and resting in a beautiful spot on that mountain, you are an example of strength and love for the rest of us. Stay strong my friend 

Dave, thanks... But there are only two options for what I'm dealing with.  Hang in there , or don't.  The second option, I promised Linda I wouldn't do, and when I say I'll do something, you can bet every grey whisker on your and my face that it will be done.  I believe in verbal contracts.

• Like 1

• RichardA changed the title to My final gift to my wife, and my final post of this thread.
  • Chet locked this topic