What did you do today?

new2woodwrk

14 minutes ago, Chet said:

Well I spent most of the day prepping the raised vegetable beds for planting.  Had some other yard tasks on the list but we got rained out. 

Chet, whatcha gonna plant and how big is your garden? What are the borders of your garden made from? My tomato plants are about 16” tall, green onions are coming along and I got my first asparagus crop yesterday. We had them with scrambled eggs and ricotta cheese for breakfast this morning. 

1 minute ago, Coop said:

Chet, whatcha gonna plant and how big is your garden? What are the borders of your garden made from? My tomato plants are about 16” tall, green onions are coming along and I got my first asparagus crop yesterday. We had them with scrambled eggs and ricotta cheese for breakfast this morning. 

Nice recipe, where did you come up with that?

3 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Must have been something in the air I cut short the back panel on one of my cabinets by an 1". I had enough material to fix the mistake but still annoyed me since a measured not only twice but three times and still cut it short :o

Mine was right on the measurement both times it was exactly 14.25" I just had the wrong end of the ruler against the fence so i got a 9.75" piece instead..... I don't know HOW i didn't notice that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Coop said:

There are 4 beds that are 9' X 3' and 18 " deep mad from redwood 2 X 6's.  I have one small on that is 2' X 4 '.  We are doing some tomatoes, one beef steak and one grape, a cucumber. three bell peppers, a cantaloupe, butternut squash and bush beans.

• Like 2

OK, so my procedure has been cancelled (postponed) (as in: Don't call us. We'll call you,) since the Hospital has a Covid-19 case.  So I stopped taking the blood thinner that ahd been required before the procedure.  36 hours later, I thoughtit would be a good idea to do a little carving practice after dinner and 2 glasses of wine.  I brushed some chips of the piece with one hand and forgot where my other hand with the gouge was.  Well I could not get it to stop bleeding so a trip to the ER.   They would not let my wife in due to their lockdown but we got it all taken care of.  Almost needed  a couple of stitches but ended up using medical superglue instead.  That's neat stuff.  So I am fine.  It wasn't that bad just must have been the remnants of the blood thinner in my system. 

I have heard of using store bought super glue to seal a cut?  Have any of you done that? Does it work?  Does it sting like crazy?

Stay safe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

OK, so my procedure has been cancelled (postponed) (as in: Don't call us. We'll call you,) since the Hospital has a Covid-19 case.  So I stopped taking the blood thinner that ahd been required before the procedure.  36 hours later, I thoughtit would be a good idea to do a little carving practice after dinner and 2 glasses of wine.  I brushed some chips of the piece with one hand and forgot where my other hand with the gouge was.  Well I could not get it to stop bleeding so a trip to the ER.   They would not let my wife in due to their lockdown but we got it all taken care of.  Almost needed  a couple of stitches but ended up using medical superglue instead.  That's neat stuff.  So I am fine.  It wasn't that bad just must have been the remnants of the blood thinner in my system. 

I have heard of using store bought super glue to seal a cut?  Have any of you done that? Does it work?  Does it sting like crazy?

Stay safe.

Glad you're ok my friend! Yes it works, FWIW you can buy a medical version my kids got me some for xmas

Drywall cracks are often hanging issues. If the boards are screwed to truss bottom cords, they should not be screwed within two feet of any interior wall. The truss bottom will lift and lower at times, tearing the paper joint. Is this a ceiling joint? Also, mud shrinks as it cures and should have paper or mesh to reinforce.  

Bleck....too many words. Can you post pics?

They're in a few spots, some on the outside walls, others on the inside. It's a 45 year old house and we've been here for 8 years. I suspect some is seasonal movement. Not tearing at the ceiling or corner joints, usually between the corner of a window or air vent to the corner of the wall. Not straight either, crazy almost like a river bed shape.

The things you notice when you're stuck inside!

I would have to see the cracks, and the house, to say what would be the best thing to do.  Nothing you put over a crack, by itself, will be a permanent fix.  It's strange if they go across a sheet, and not along joints.

Never use the mesh tape for anything.

That Dap stuff would be worth a try, but I'd only put in in a small area to start with.   I've never used any.   I can't think of any Dap products that I don't like okay.